About us: Husband, wife, two boys 3n1, we're new to Airstreams. Trailer was bequeathed from grandfather who was an avid fisherman. Mother in-law just sold a Tiffin 35 MH and this we feel i a great bonus. What a wealth of information on this site! I really like the leading links below each page. Antipode, for the GPS set, is the exact opposite Lat/Long on the globe from where you are. I make my living by Lat/Longs. We realize our newly acquired aluminum and steel beige bombshell can not float or fly but you can always dream.
About the trailer: It has not been used in at least 15 years. We removed the decrepit shag and short pile electric green, scrubbed down the inside, washed the outside, removed the rocky mountain lichen top coat obtained under it's Aspen glade shade in Almont, CO., repacked bearings, bought new radials, trailer TV plug, removed rear set of de-laminating curtains, front are ok for now. We battened down the door lubed the hitch and made it 1280 miles back to Texas without incident other than the battery door popping open without the lock opening less than 20mi from the house, HMMM? Door key doesn't fit panel locks. Small leak created wet rot near front of trailer on accessible floor panel behind folded table.
Bought plug adapter for 50amp utility plug in shop and the Univolt started humming, breakers all work, all interior/exterior lights work on bat, plug and TV. A/C with factory charge of R22 fired up to 52 degrees and wait for it>>>> The fridge works! Got the aluminum LP tanks re-certified and filled replaced the feed lines (tank to regulator) Original 8 track and all speakers work. Now we're gonna draw straws to go see who lites the pilots for water heater, fridge and furnace. I want my wife to do it but she says I have more life insurance.
1. Should I pull the floor panel with the small hole to replace plywood?t It's against the wall by water pump.
We are going to vinyl the floor with faux plank.
2. Are the galvanized screws going to come out of the frame easily?
3. What do the screens, springs and plungers do that were in the old LP feed lines?
4. Before lighting anything, what do I need to check (fridge chimney is clean)?
5. link to best way to paint exterior?
6. link to best way to replace curtain sets?
7. easiest way to run coax for Tele? Where do we put Tele?
8. door hinges feel "sprung" and difficult to open to door latch.
9. Best way to remove/repair rusted tri-fold step (I want to chome it and laser etch the christened name when found)?
10. Is there anyway to key the trailer with one key?
All immediate help and comments are welcome while I crash around the site on my own. The only thing I won't take kindly to is pick-upers picken on Touaregers. Apples to eggs in my view and my egg pulls the chicken just fine, including Montrose pass.
VW Touareg towing a Boeing 747 - Fifth Gear - YouTube
Thanks in advance and it's great to be here.