Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
cx4

Mio , Alaska
1972 Sovereign Landyacht Remodeling start

Hi! We're Steve and Tika.

We found an a 1972 31' Sovereign Airstream Landyacht. Steve and I have kept our eye out for a long time for the right one. We picked it up today, and started gutting it as soon as we got home. Ten hours later, we've gotten down to the insulation and subfloor. Will need another day of demo and a dumpster. Or 2.
We will be redoing everything inside over the next few months. The most important thing is bedding for us, the kids, and their friends. The rest can come as we have the time, money, and can finalize our designs.
I'll be posting on a special Instagram account @northernmiairstream to keep the massive amount of airstream posts out of my personal feed. I've found a lot of great ideas, and I'm grateful for others that have done the same. I would love to chronical our progress in a blog, but that may come retroactively when I have time and we're done? We're glad to be here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170721_231919_346.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	290114  
cx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:21 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Dryden , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cx4 View Post
Hi! We're Steve and Tika.

We found an a 1972 31' Sovereign Airstream Landyacht. Steve and I have kept our eye out for a long time for the right one. We picked it up today, and started gutting it as soon as we got home. Ten hours later, we've gotten down to the insulation and subfloor. Will need another day of demo and a dumpster. Or 2.
We will be redoing everything inside over the next few months. The most important thing is bedding for us, the kids, and their friends. The rest can come as we have the time, money, and can finalize our designs.
I'll be posting on a special Instagram account @northernmiairstream to keep the massive amount of airstream posts out of my personal feed. I've found a lot of great ideas, and I'm grateful for others that have done the same. I would love to chronical our progress in a blog, but that may come retroactively when I have time and we're done? We're glad to be here.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170628_170954.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	290191very nice. I love my AS international landyacht
Colin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:45 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Since you mentioned 'dumpster', I would point out that some of the stuff that you remove is a real time saver to hang onto until you rebuild it. At a minimum the time you save using the old parts for patterns, some stuff is a bear to reproduce like the curved wall channels
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:04 PM   #4
cx4

Mio , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV View Post
Since you mentioned 'dumpster', I would point out that some of the stuff that you remove is a real time saver to hang onto until you rebuild it. At a minimum the time you save using the old parts for patterns, some stuff is a bear to reproduce like the curved wall channels
For sure! We have a "keep" and "template" pile. Thank you for the feedback.
cx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:12 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Harpers Ferry , West Virginia
Welcome and you may put some of the appliances on the forum classifieds. Fellow airstreamers come from great distances for parts. I also have a 1972 land yacht and am just finishing up the remodel 3 years later, but it has been gret fun along the way
KMantz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign