Old 04-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
WOW...Gorgeous trailer! Incredible deal for $800! More pics, please :-)
Oh, and welcome to our little 'club' :-)

WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
aircooled4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
I am stunned! Persistance and a lot of karma in this deal. My goodness, this trailer was just holding out- waiting for you... thankfully you have been able to rescue her before further abuse. I am amazed at the condition- from what I can see anyway. What a nice time capsule. Lucky you!!

Keep us posted please, it's wonderful to know what happened!!

Rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Chicago , Illinois
$800 ! What a steal! Take pics and post as you clean her up!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:09 PM   #32
1 Rivet Member

1959 22' Flying Cloud
los angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbosa View Post
Welcome back. Good to hear you were finally able to complete the purchase. Sounds like it is a Flying Cloud, Land Yacht, International. Check whether you have rivet holes on the front (both sides on the first curved panel) that also match up with the round badge.
Thanks, this is fun reading through this forum and gathering lot of info, I'm going through a serious learning curve on how the whole thing works.

I think your correct on the model of 1959 Flying Cloud, Land Yacht ,International. I also believe it was built in California. I will check on the rivet holes on the front where the badges might have been mounted. It will have to wait until I go again to where it is parked, about seven hours from my home. I am working on gathering info on new tires. The ones on it are heavily crack and one is missing rubber in spots on the outer sidewall.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #33
1 Rivet Member

1959 22' Flying Cloud
los angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr View Post
You have the prized Veritas propane lamp, the dual voltage light fixtures and the International globes.
flyfshr,

Thanks for identifying the propane lamp. I knew it was propane but didn't even think about a name/type. I noticed that there is a gas line going into the closet between the refrigerator and the bed. It comes out on the outside of the closet wall above the bed. I believe there was a Veritas propane lamp there at one time. I will try to find a replacement. I have already bought replacement propane hose and fittings for the ones that are missing going to the tanks. When I get back to the trailer I will hook the propane up and test the lamp along the other propane powered units.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member

1959 22' Flying Cloud
los angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by aircooled4 View Post
More pics, please :-)
aircooled4,

Thanks for the welcome, I didn't think of taking photos specifically to show the details of the trailer. I now wish that I had. The few photos I took were more for documenting work of cleaning it up. When I go back to where the trailer is I will take better photos to show more details.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #35
1 Rivet Member

1959 22' Flying Cloud
los angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfoxrae View Post
I am stunned! Persistance and a lot of karma in this deal. I am amazed at the condition- from what I can see anyway.
Silverfoxrae,

I had actually been asking to buy this trailer for about 15 years. It had been parked unused and unopened for the whole time.

My wife and I were only able to spend a few hours getting familiar with it after the purchase. She got started on the scrubbing while I got somewhat familiar with the plumbing and electrical etc. We took out the carpet that was laid on top of the vinyl tile and it appears that the tile is original and in very good condition. Only the first two rows of tile at the door are worn.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:40 AM   #36
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I always enjoy this honeymoon period of new trailer owners. I remember my wedding night when I towed her home. I remember backing her in the driveway. I was one proud peacock for sure. The tiles... I remember telling my friend Rob, "the tiles are in such good condition under the flooring the PO installed"... The honeymoon is the best part.

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags