Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2006 - 2010 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Hobe Sound , Florida
What happened to "Limited"

Does anyone know the reason the 07 Classics are now "Limited" models, with hickory interiors, and with blue striped awnings? I thought the "Limited" was a special upgrade - maroon striping, awnings, hickory interior. We have an 06 Classic Ltd 34', w/slide room - do we have a collector's item??
Old 09-03-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Marketing decision...

It was announced at Salem WBCCI Rally as a marketing decision. Several factors behind it... Safari and International-CCD lines accounting for larger and larger share of production. Combo of hickory cabinets and some upgrades were most popular of option packages, and A/S wanted to try and standardize production. Fewer and fewer willing to pay large premium for "Limited" packages of upgrades, in light of rising costs of basic Classic lines..

Similar thinking around 34' trailers. No dealers will have to inventory, and factory expects most of new 34's to be special ordered to customer specs now.

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:51 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by condoluminum
::Fewer and fewer willing to pay large premium for "Limited" packages
John that seems strange as the price increase from the standard 30' 06 Classic to the standard 30' 07 is right at $7,000 , the cost of the limited package. If the price was a selling factor with the previous Limiteds I can't see how the price increase can do anything but hurt Classic sales. It seems like more of an effort to be more profitable and force those interested in Classics to step up to the plate and pay more. Perhaps the sales numbers for the standard Classic was so low that it wasn't worth it to the company to build two models.???? One Good thing I would think the retail value of used Classics prior to 07 should increase --------Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:59 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
I was being kind...

One other element of "Marketing" is to find creative ways to get people to pay more... Usually wrapped in discussions of "Value" and "Popular Options"...

That was another consideration, as a way of pushing through a price increase for the Classic buyers, though not addressed as such by Airstream Mgmt at Salem... Buyers who might have preferred to pay less won't have the option, other than to consider Safari or International versions.. It will be interesting to see impact on sales, and whether Airstream comes back and offers "Unlimited" option for Classics at a discount... I wouldn't wager on it..

They did indicate that they had more "marketing" resources available after closing down Motorhome lines, and would be looking at more packages, so it is possible they might be thinking of something new between CCD and Classic Limited, though I think most of effort going into lower cost and smaller trailers, where they see larger market potential...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:44 PM   #5
_

. , .
hi jenturnr and other limited watchers...

you'd need to ask some one at a/s j/c to get the real reasons...

we can speculate.

there aren't many classics on the line at any one time...
most long classics are special ordered...
most long classics ordered are limiteds....

they have been doing oak for a long while now...oak has been over done.

the hickory is really really nice....even nicer now than in my 05....

the hickory woodwork is contracted outside the factory, and supplied ready to install with fit modifications....

there are some nifty features in the previous limited package....bigger lpg tanks, the acrylic handle, flag boxes and solid wood table tops...

jackets and burgundy and gold accents were NOT nifty...

most of the 'costs' for the limited upgrade were related to woodwork....

all 07s are limiteds and price reflects this...even thought the wheels are cheaper and some previously included features are a la carte...

there are rumors that an upgrade to the standard classic limited may appear...
which cherry or maple or
without fuzzy walls or with shinny walls...

or with a vibrating bed.

so much for my speculatin'

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #6

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Just was out at the dealership yesterday and walked through 3 2007's that were there. A 30' unit, a 34' unit and a 27' front bedroom unit. First noticable thing was the new wide stripe decals. That's an option and it ties into that new blue/grey striped awning. The clear grab bar handle next to the door was noticable as well as a new dark water fixtures for all the sinks and shower. Those are also color coordinated with the cabinet hardware. Also noticable was new placements for some of the towel bars and shower fixtures. They added two towel bars to the left of the sink one up higher and one much lower so that wet hands can quickly get to the low bar without undo dripping. Also the shower head and towel bar in the shower seemed to be a little lower.

I'm not sure what other Limited features were on these trailers, but they did look nice. According to my sales person there is going to be some major interior changes to the 2008 Classics. My direct contact at Airstream that I talked to today wasn't aware of anything yet.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:19 PM   #7
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
I was told by my dealer when I purchased my trailer in May that Airstream is looking at introducing a family friendly line similar to the Argosy of the past. He didn't have details like if it woud be a painted Airstream or anything like that, just that it would be more economical to purchase and be geared more to the families.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:17 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
marco island , Florida
i don't know who the designer of the 07 classics is...but...who ever heard of putting bronze colored fixuters in a stainless interior....i just changed out all of my plumbing fixtures to brucshed stainless as opposed to the ugly early american bronze standards.
vpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007 classic