Old 02-01-2015, 08:43 AM   #15
Rivet Master
2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Thanks Morgan Guy, I'll check those areas even though we do not have the rear pano windows.

Since this thread was brought up again, I'll say we have really enjoyed the trailer in the last year, and have had it from home to Key West, and then out to Oregon, and then to Colorado. Also numerous local club rallies. In excess of 10,000 miles. Had one tire separate and blow in Idaho causing a couple of grand of damage, but our insurance took care of it. It is now equipped with 16" Michelins instead of the 16" BF Goodrich LT's.

Since we got the trailer I have replaced the air conditioner covers, the skylights, the slide awning fabric, and all of the plastic chrome molding. Also had the Actibrake actuator fail, replaced it with a Dexter, had it fail, and Dexter replaced it under warranty. Not to thrilled with the reliability of the electric over hydraulic brake systems.

Here's a couple of pics y'all have probably already seen, but anyway, the first is camped near Key West, and the second on top of Spring Creek Pass, Colorado.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	442.7 KB
ID:	231501   Click image for larger version

Name:	-2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	266.3 KB
ID:	231502  

"To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical."-- Thomas Jefferson
SteveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:41 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 30' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
One might look at the Tuson ActuLink ACT1600 pump and DirecLink NE OBDII based brake controller on the next go around. I liked the separate electronics control module on the Titan Brakerite II SD and carry a spare module. We found out after the installation that the truck built in brake controller was incompatible with Titan hydraulic disc brake pumps and after lots of research installed the Tuson DirecLink NE brake controller.

DirecLink NE Brake Controller -

We were easily able to bypass the Dodge factory trailer brake system with simple wiring changes and the factory brake system is perfectly happy and not throwing error codes even if I move the manual brake application slide switch. The trailer is just not there as far as the truck system is concerned.

This wiring change would also allow the Tekonsha P3 system to work as well, but I preferred the ODBII based system to the pendulum based system in the P3.

We had the display screen die on the first DirecLink NE brake controller, but it was still fully operational. They sent me a replacement via FedEx.

When the Titan pump quits, I am strongly considering switching to the Tuson ActuLink ACT-ABS-300 system which requires replacing the disc brake assembly at the ends of each axle.

Standard Actulink: ActuLink Brake Actuator -

ABS Actulink: ActuLink ABS Module -

WBCCI Life Member 5123, AIR 70341, 4CU, WD9EMC

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote