Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2006 - 2010 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-11-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
The Bad , The Good and the Ugly- 2006 Classic

Well,
I made my trip from Missoula to Spokane and back today. Nice drive. Love the speed limits out here. 2.5 hours each way.

The bad: the local dealer, nuff said.

The good: Airstream of Spokane. Nice husband and wife team, knowledgable and competent. I walk in the door and they ask if I am Michelle. They were expecting me. By the time I had finished using the facilities, Nick had the replacement pump on the counter and started filing out the paper work. Total time spent about 10 minutes. I asked if he had some butt (electrical) connectors. A minute later I had them. How about an in-line check valve. Since I now have a history with RV pumps I want the option to hook up to "city" water without a pump installed. I now have that option. I arrived back in Missoula around 5:30 MT. Check my strainer. Installed my new pump and check valve. Minor leak on the new check valve, re-positioning the clamp took care of that. Everything works the way it should. Now I have to drain my fresh water tank.

The Ugly: During my installation of the pump I made several trips around to the business side of the trailer. Each time I looked at Butter Cup I realized she was really dirty. I still had plenty of daylight so I broke out the rag and the waterless cleaning stuff I picked up at the factory. An Hour or so later she was as clean as I could get her without a ladder. She looks real pretty right now. Picture time!

Oh yeah: They were so competent I spent a few minute browsing thier stock. I am now the prowd owner of two set of airstream lights!. I told Nick is he could tell me where the Airstream/ Pink Flamingos started I would buy a pair. He couldn't. Neither could the factory. I am still Flamingo free. On my way home I stopped in Coeur D'Alene for lunch. At at the dockside. Wow good food, good view, expensive. Nice treat.

A productive day.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:22 AM   #2
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Smile Glad the trip went well!

Michelle
Glad you had a nice trip. Were the lilacs pretty in Spokane? I have heard it can be really lovely when they are in bloom. That's great that you could fix the issues yourself, isn't that a good feeling?

Good luck with your flamingo search.

We found Flamingo lights/palms at Wal-Mart and then mixed them in with the Airstream lights we bought at Vintage Trailer Supply. I'll bet other members have found the flamingo lights elsewhere too. I think some home and garden places have them too. I'd love to hear if there are other combinations out there too, you can never have enough lights!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:41 AM   #3
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Hi Michelle ~

Try this place for your wanted lights:

www.cheesylights.com

If they don't have it, you really don't need it.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:59 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Brad,

Great site! Probably the only place you can get Tree Frog Boogaloo Lights and Blinking Flamingo Shot Glasses. We won't tell my wife about this one.
SilverRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:56 PM   #5

2006 31' Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
Cool air contioning problems with our new classic

Good to find someone else with a 31' 2006. We picked ours up in September and immediately plugged it in to electricity to get ready for a trip. At no time could we get the temp below 80 degrees, weather it was 97 or 106 outside. We live in AZ. but travel all summer and need the AC on a on and off basis. But, when we need it -- we do. Have you had any trouble with your duotherm heat pump?? We had a Coleman in our last TT and it could freeze you out if you let it.
Patti & Paul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2006 classic