Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2006 - 2010 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2018, 06:55 AM   #481
WayneBrv

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Prince George with farm (Loves Mill) in Lunenburg County , Virginia
South Carolina Football

Gary,
Amy and I grew up in Westminster South Carolina upstate, and we pull for the Orange. Hope we can agree on colors between Orange and the Garnet Red & Black.

Wayne & Amy Burton
Happy Campers
waynebrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:20 AM   #482
S/O#080

2006 30' Classic S/O
Naples , Florida
Morning all! Just tryin' to add in my slide out society # and a picture to my name. Is this complicated or am I just slow?
Tschupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:36 AM   #483
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tschupp View Post
Morning all! Just tryin' to add in my slide out society # and a picture to my name. Is this complicated or am I just slow?
I'm not sure, but I think to have a custom signature you may have to be a supporting member. 20/year. You find it under the user control panel as account upgrades. Several benefits, including more attachment space.

If you are a supporting member, you should be able to add stuff to your signature.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:56 AM   #484
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynebrv View Post
Gary,
Amy and I grew up in Westminster South Carolina upstate, and we pull for the Orange. Hope we can agree on colors between Orange and the Garnet Red & Black.

Wayne & Amy Burton
Happy Campers

Upstate SC best part of SC IMHO. No worries on Clemson v Carolina. That’s not one of my topics.

But a strong pullin 6 in a row with a handshaker, all right now we got something.

Get signed up for Alumaslider. It’s possibly the first slide out rally. But we did let a few non sliders sneak in too.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:04 AM   #485
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Hampton Beach , New Hampshire
Slide-Out Society - Updated Member List

Hello from a wind blown nor'easter bashed coastal New Hampshire. Lot's of wind and rain from the storm yesterday, but no major damage. Some trees down and spotty power outages, but not as bad as some past storms.

The biggest impact here at the beach was high tide flooding. It's an astronomical high tide in combination with the wind blown angry ocean. Low level flooding issues, no injuries, some damage, lot's of debris left on the roads, but it all recedes after a few hours. It'll be days for all the sand and floaty stuff to get cleaned up. Next high tide is in a few hours, but it shouldn't have the same impact as yesterdays 1120am event.

Anyhow onto the Updated Member List... we lost Pickercw to a trade-in so that opened up S/OS #28 for Waynebrv with their 2004 30' Classic. Pickercw had a 2009 30 Classic and that was available in a Atlanta GA area dealership.

I've updated our Member list and moved the 2009 30 Classic from the S/OS Group column into the ID'd column, just for unofficial accounting purposes.

Tom - S/OS #025
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SlideSociety.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	386.6 KB
ID:	305364   Click image for larger version

Name:	SlideModelNumbers.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	305365  

- 2008 30' Classic S/O - S/OS #025 - Riding on 16" Wheels and Tires -
- Live Free or Die -
STREMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:12 AM   #486
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
And folks that’s why Tom was titled Data Officer.

Was wondering if that storm was gonna hit you guys. Glad you missed the worst of it.

Gary
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
Old 03-06-2018, 05:59 PM   #487
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
S/OS We are looking for a writer.

Fellow Sliders,

Are you a decent writer, got a bit of computer skills, some spare time and an interest in these unique Slide Outs?

I have a challenge for you and it could be a titled staff position, at least on paper. Just ask our Data Officer what the title did for him!

Seriously, are you interested? I'll PM you with a few ideas and then step back.

Camping season is fast upon us, cept for our Data Officer, looks like its time for him to fuel up the snow plow for this weekend.

Gary
Old 05-27-2018, 07:59 PM   #488
2 Rivet Member

1966 20' Globetrotter
2016 27' International
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
Deb and Fritz,

Greetings from SC and welcome. You're in, SO/S #30.

Gary
We have sold our 2001 30’ slide out and bought a 2016 Serenity 27 FB, so #30 is up for grabs.
It’s been interesting!
djs66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:30 AM   #489
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Moving On #030

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs66 View Post
We have sold our 2001 30’ slide out and bought a 2016 Serenity 27 FB, so #30 is up for grabs.
It’s been interesting!

Deb & Fritz - Good luck with the new unit! Thanks for thinking of us and making #030 available.

All the best for great new adventures!

Tom - Slide-Out Society Registry Member #025
AlumaSlider Get-Together, 28-30 Sep 2018, Stone Mountain SP, NC
- Live Free or Die -
Old 05-31-2018, 01:13 AM   #490
1 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic S/O
Fallbrook , California
Send a message via Skype™ to dwaneboucher
Greetings,

Just recently (and happily) purchased a 2003 30’ Classic S/O so I am not only new to this forum, but also to owning an Airstream. Based on the running forum dialog, and living here in North San Diego county, seems to put us far from many of the other members of the Slide-Out Society.

Could someone please advise what the Slide-Out Society is, what becoming a member entails, and what advantages there are for belonging?

Thanks!
dwaneboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:57 AM   #491
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Slide-Out Society Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaneboucher View Post
Greetings,

Just recently (and happily) purchased a 2003 30’ Classic S/O so I am not only new to this forum, but also to owning an Airstream. Based on the running forum dialog, and living here in North San Diego county, seems to put us far from many of the other members of the Slide-Out Society.

Could someone please advise what the Slide-Out Society is, what becoming a member entails, and what advantages there are for belonging?

Thanks!
Hello - Welcome to the forums!

Congratulations on your "new" S/O Trailer! The Slide-Out Society is an informal group of S/O owners banded together for fun and partnership in their adventures of AirStream ownership. The group is unique in that we all have S/O units.

AirStream Slide-outs were produced over a 10 year period and there were only @617 made. Your "new" trailer will be an attraction as you put it to use. Not only is it an AirStream it's also got a "Slide". Not something that's seen everyday.

Membership in the Slide-Out Society is what you make of it. It's free, there's no obligation to do or say anything. It may give you that comfortable feeling of belonging to a unique group of AirStream Owners. It's also a group that can give advice and support with maintenance and care of your slide.

There's an informal get together of the Slide-Out Society this September at Stone Mountain SP in North Carolina. There's an open invitation to any Slide-Out, AirStream or SOB owners to join in.

You could be S/OS #030 - That former member just sold their unit so #030 is available. Post #485 above contains a member list and some interesting info about the production numbers.

All the best to you and yours!

- Live Free or Die -
Old 05-31-2018, 07:15 AM   #492
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Quote:

Thanks!

Dwaneboucher,

Welcome to airforums and Slide Out ownership. Tom covered the S/OS very well. Only rule so far is own a Slide Out.

Advantages, just a bit of extra pride in owning a unique and by standards rare model. Price is right too.

If you’re new to an AS then this is a great place to seek advise. Just try to put your question in an appropriate category in the forum and answers and comments in minutes sometimes.

Gary
S/OS#001
Old 06-01-2018, 07:31 AM   #493
1 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic S/O
Fallbrook , California
Tom and Gary,

Thank you and yes, I would be very interested in “SO/S #030”

I have never owned an Airstream, but I am reasonably familiar. You see, my father worked at Airstream (rising up from an errand boy to one of their VPs) from 1955 through around 1978. He first started out at the original manufacturing plant in Los Angeles, then moved on to Santa Fe Springs, and finally to Cerritos, CA before Airstream closed down their operations there. My father didn’t want all of us kids to have to relocate during our formative school years so he left the company. Nevertheless, as an Airstream family during our Airstream years, we would frequently check-out the company trailer (31 footer) and do a bit of traveling ourselves. I have many a fond memory of our family sojourns to Yellowstone, Yosemite, Mexico, and all the early lessons my father taught me on “what to do,” and “what not to do,” when "trailering" in an Airstream. Later, during my High School years, my father also arranged for me to work at Airstream as a janitor which helped me pay for my college tuition and ultimately paid for my pilot’s license so that I could pursue a flying career in the Air Force and later my employment at as a commercial airline pilot where I still fly today.

Both my father and mother are still alive and in their 80s, and to say that they were surprised at my purchase of our Classic 30 earlier this year is quite the understatement! They live about 100 miles from us up in the mountains above San Bernardino and frequently come down to San Diego for a visit. On this particular stay-over this past April, my parents happened to peer down to our lower yard and caught a glimpse of our Airstream purchase parked below; you could have knocked them over with a feather! My father, in particular, couldn’t wipe the smile from his face and simply beamed as he made his way around, and around, this aluminum icon and what he considered part of his legacy. Later, while sitting at our Slide Out dining table, my father eagerly poured through our Airstream owner’s manual and even went so far to closely inspect the trailer’s many wiring diagrams while he recounted story after story about Wally Byam, his wife Stella, and the early years at Airstream; what a treat that proved to be! When it finally came time to turn-in later that night, my father and mother declined my invitation to stay in our guest room as usual, but instead chose the Airstream, and I have been unable to get them to stay in the house ever since! It was then that I realized that I had only purchased the Airstream, it was my folks who took ownership, lol!

Indeed, we’re planning for our first big "trailering" adventure starting next week and we’re all excited. Stopping first in Sedona to visit “Slide Rock” for my 9 year old daughter, and then on to Monument Valley, Moab, Canyonlands, and Bryce Canyon, should prove to be an epic adventure. Being able to share this sojourn with my parents is also exciting. I know this trip will stir up fond recollections of the past and I’m happy their health will allow them be able to partake. For my daughter, this adventure not only represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to bond with her grandparents, but also plants the seeds of adventure along with the foundation for her own recollections that she will no doubt someday recount to her own children; all from our time together in our shiny little “magical memory maker.”

In closing, I very much look forward to connecting with you and our extended Airstream family. In particular, we love our Classic 30 SO and do appreciate having Slide Out brethren to seek out, or to share those important elements that make for a more enjoyable Magical Memory Making experience.

Thank you again, and safe travels!
Old 06-01-2018, 07:59 AM   #494
Rivet Master

2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Quote:
Tom and Gary,

I have never owned an Airstream, but I am reasonably familiar. You see, my father worked at Airstream (rising up from an errand boy to one of their VPs) from 1955 through around 1978. He first started out at the original manufacturing plant in Los Angeles, then moved on to Santa Fe Springs, and finally to Cerritos, CA before Airstream closed down their operations there. My father didn’t want all of us kids to have to relocate during our formative school years so he left the company. Nevertheless, as an Airstream family during our Airstream years, we would frequently check-out the company trailer (31 footer) and do a bit of traveling ourselves. I have many a fond memory of our family sojourns to Yellowstone, Yosemite, Mexico, and all the early lessons my father taught me on “what to do,” and “what not to do,” when "trailering" in an Airstream. Later, during my High School years, my father also arranged for me to work at Airstream as a janitor which helped me pay for my college tuition and ultimately paid for my pilot’s license so that I could pursue a flying career in the Air Force and later my employment at as a commercial airline pilot where I still fly today.

Both my father and mother are still alive and in their 80s, and to say that they were surprised at my purchase of our Classic 30 earlier this year is quite the understatement! They live about 100 miles from us up in the mountains above San Bernardino and frequently come down to San Diego for a visit. On this particular stay-over this past April, my parents happened to peer down to our lower yard and caught a glimpse of our Airstream purchase parked below; you could have knocked them over with a feather! My father, in particular, couldn’t wipe the smile from his face and simply beamed as he made his way around, and around, this aluminum icon and what he considered part of his legacy. Later, while sitting at our Slide Out dining table, my father eagerly poured through our Airstream owner’s manual and even went so far to closely inspect the trailer’s many wiring diagrams while he recounted story after story about Wally Byam, his wife Stella, and the early years at Airstream; what a treat that proved to be! When it finally came time to turn-in later that night, my father and mother declined my invitation to stay in our guest room as usual, but instead chose the Airstream, and I have been unable to get them to stay in the house ever since! It was then that I realized that I had only purchased the Airstream, it was my folks who took ownership, lol!

Indeed, we’re planning for our first big "trailering" adventure starting next week and we’re all excited. Stopping first in Sedona to visit “Slide Rock” for my 9 year old daughter, and then on to Monument Valley, Moab, Canyonlands, and Bryce Canyon, should prove to be an epic adventure. Being able to share this sojourn with my parents is also exciting. I know this trip will stir up fond recollections of the past and I’m happy their health will allow them be able to partake. For my daughter, this adventure not only represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to bond with her grandparents, but also plants the seeds of adventure along with the foundation for her own recollections that she will no doubt someday recount to her own children; all from our time together in our shiny little “magical memory maker.”

In closing, I very much look forward to connecting with you and our extended Airstream family. In particular, we love our Classic 30 SO and do appreciate having Slide Out brethren to seek out, or to share those important elements that make for a more enjoyable Magical Memory Making experience.

This post right here is why I enjoy belonging to the Slider Club.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #495
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic S/O
Jackson , Mississippi
Quote:
Tom and Gary,

First, what a beautiful & amazing story! Thank you for sharing!

Second, we will be in Utah in the places you have mentioned in about 10-14 days. We’re leaving today from Mississippi & have quite a few stops planned between here & there.

We have 4 kids (ages 10, 7–both boys, 5 year old twin girls), and we also have a 30’ Classic s/o, so look for us! We’ll be easy to spot—my parents will be following us in their ‘95 25’ Excella. [emoji4]

Safe travels & hope to see y’all out there!
Slide Out Society #72

Exploring the country in our beloved Monkey Barrel
nomadleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:44 AM   #496
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Dwayneboucher,

That is a really cool family story. Now, a request for a family portrait in front of your Slide and if Dad still has an Airstream shirt see if he’ll wear it or pose with it.

Also a few posts back I mentioned an open unpaid staff position as a Slide Out historian. The history of Airstream is well appreciated but I paged thru one of the Airstream history books last weekend and the Slide got one pic and a rather ho hum write up.

This fall at our first Alumaslider Get to get her we will have 4 lined up side by side in a 4 site loop all very spacious sites. Should be one heck of a pic.

Nice post enjoyed reading it.

Gary
Old 06-01-2018, 10:22 AM   #497
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Slide-Out Society - Updated Member List

We all saw that right??? You know - Gary our exalted Grand Slider #001 waved the Great Slider Wand and bestowed #030 on dwaneboucher....

Heretofore - dwaneboucher Slide-Out Society Member #030

Welcome Aboard! Thanks for sharing all those great family memories! It's nice that you've still got your parents, and you all can share those old and new moments together. Happy times and safe travels for you and yours!

With the departure of djs66 to a newer unit I've updated our member list and our informal model number accounting. Happy camping to Deb and Fritz in their new unit. Don't forget, if you're in the market there's probably a 2001 Classic 30 S/O out there just waiting for a new adventure.

dwaneboucher SLID right into slot #030. Once again welcome to our little group of Sliders!

I've included updated lists for your review!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SlideSociety.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	383.8 KB
ID:	312596   Click image for larger version

Name:	SlideModelNumbers.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	312597  

- Live Free or Die -
Old 06-01-2018, 11:18 AM   #498
1 Rivet Member

2003 30' Classic S/O
Fallbrook , California
Thank you to all for your warm and generous welcome! We very much look forward to making new friends and connecting where we can... maybe Utah???

Best wishes to you all and may your wheels track true and behind your prime mover

Dwane and JK Boucher
Old 06-01-2018, 05:09 PM   #499
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic S/O
Sierra Vista , Arizona
It's been a while since I was last on this website. We have a 2002 Classic 30 S/O with a birth date of 13 Dec 01. We picked it up back in 2007 at Oasis RV in Tucson.
jsamuel8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #500
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
I don't own a slider but follow the thread. Love the story. Thanks.

I have tears in my beers.
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote