Old 11-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #29
HCR
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Full time traveler
Thanks to all who have posted here. Just developed the problem, will attempt the solutions suggested and post results.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:54 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Keller , Texas
We will be picking up our AS within the next week, or so. I hope the guys at Camper Clinic in Buda were able to fix the leak.

As they say, "Only time will tell".

I'll let ya'll know how it turns out.

Keeping my fingers crossed,
Eric

AirHedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
This was not what I would consider a maintenance problem, if it is like mine was, only leaked when door opened, the trough or gutter along the bottom edge was applied to the bottom rail of the door and when door was opened, trapped water ran out. I raised the side away from the hinge and now it runs into the shower pan.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #32
HCR
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Full time traveler
I thought, from the many reports, that problem was w/shower door or pan. Not so! Caulk sealing shower faucet had deteriorated and this was source of leak w/water running in back of shower and down.

Drilled small hole in wood panel of closet and used zip tie to pull water supply tight so that faucet was pulled snugly against inside of shower wall. Applied caulk and problem solved.

In process of tracking down leak found that crimp clamp to water pump leaked ever so slightly. Replaced crimp clamp,which can't be tightened and would leak over time as water hose aged, with hose clamp that can be tightened.

Dry at last, thank goodness I'm dry at last. Well, for the moment at least.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Ridgefield , Washington
We just got our AS out for the first time this year last weekend. Before putting it in storage last year we had the dealership "fix" the leaking shower door. Didn't get to test it until last weekend. We still have water leaking from the bottom corners of the shower door. The small plastic piece does not cover the bottom and leaves a gap of about a quater inch on each corner. This is really an annoying problem. Hope I can fix it better this time. I am about ready to use the shower curtain method.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:28 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2010 31' Classic
Keller , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosch
We just got our AS out for the first time this year last weekend. Before putting it in storage last year we had the dealership "fix" the leaking shower door. Didn't get to test it until last weekend. We still have water leaking from the bottom corners of the shower door. The small plastic piece does not cover the bottom and leaves a gap of about a quater inch on each corner. This is really an annoying problem. Hope I can fix it better this time. I am about ready to use the shower curtain method.
I know this is very frustrating, to say the least. I eventually gave up on fixing this problem myself, and ended up taking the AS to a different dealership. There were so many other problems with our unit we had no other choice.

The biggest mistake we made was buying from the dealership in Dallas. To say their service dept. is totally clueless is a huge understatement.

Anyway, we ended up taking it to Buda (just south of Austin). That is a good dealership. Problem is solved. I'm not sure what they did, but I know it worked.

On a side note: We had the AS in Rockport, TX in January, and their was a bad hail storm. The damage appraisal was almost $40,000. Guess who did the repairs? Yep. Buda. They were really great to deal with. They stayed in constant communication with us. And, so far, we've not had any issues.

Really goes to show how important dealerships are to us owners.
AirHedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
We just purchased a 2008 Classic 25 and the shower leaks from the hinge corner so the water runs out from the shower along the hall way floor getting the carpet wet along the metal carpet demarcation strip. I'm going to tackle the repair myself this weekend.
and a water leak down stream from pump.
and the AC leaking water from condensation build up in the drain pain
and installing a new converter (next week)
and getting the Dometic fridge recall performed next week and hoping that will cure the issue with the fridge not cooling during travel.

Kelvin
Old 05-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #36
1 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
bend , oregon
We fixed our by putting a shower curtain inside. It keeps the water from dripping when you open the door after the shower.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
I took a part the showed door assembly this weekend so only the shower surround is left. Airstream rushes the installation of the shower door. Screws into the wood are crooked, not square and caulking is minimal. Removed the caulking from the plastic flashing I filled the voided between the shower stall and wood frame with insulating spray foam, not the expanding stuff. Its waterproof also. I then installed the plastic flashing and caulked it with matching almond/biscuit tub/shower caulking like it should be done. Installed the metal show door frames and used clear caulk between the two parts. Let every thing set and now no more leaks even when I direct the shower head right on the hinge area. I also ran a bead of new caulk in the the shower enclosure seam line. The caulk AS uses is kinda brittle.

Keivin
Old 05-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
I took a part the showed door assembly this weekend so only the shower surround is left. Airstream rushes the installation of the shower door. Screws into the wood are crooked, not square and caulking is minimal. Removed the caulking from the plastic flashing I filled the voided between the shower stall and wood frame with insulating spray foam, not the expanding stuff. Its waterproof also. I then installed the plastic flashing and caulked it with matching almond/biscuit tub/shower caulking like it should be done. Installed the metal show door frames and used clear caulk between the two parts. Let every thing set and now no more leaks even when I direct the shower head right on the hinge area. I also ran a bead of new caulk in the the shower enclosure seam line. The caulk AS uses is kinda brittle.

Keivin
If the solution is to remove the shower door assembly, how hard would it be to replace it with a new one? Our 2004, which oozes water from where the wall under the shower door meets the floor, has a gold color door, and i would prefer the silver look. Maybe we could kill two birds with one stone. Where would we get a new door assembly?
Old 05-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2008 23' Safari FB SE
Boulder , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post

Keivin
We had the same issue on our 2008 23fb and this was the solution...
Old 05-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #40
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntex View Post
If the solution is to remove the shower door assembly, how hard would it be to replace it with a new one? Our 2004, which oozes water from where the wall under the shower door meets the floor, has a gold color door, and i would prefer the silver look. Maybe we could kill two birds with one stone. Where would we get a new door assembly?
I don't think the shower is anything special but a door on the one rail that slides into a C channel that is screwed onto the wood frame. The other door frame has the door stop lip that runs the whole length and it fits in the other C chanel. The threshold screws down on the bottom wood frame. The plastic flashing, mine is almond color to match the surround, fits over the fiberglass surround edges and you install that before your screw in the C channels.

I only took a couple of photos with my phone. The 2nd shows the gap between the shower surround and the frame where the hinge leak was occurring. I filled the void with the spray in insulation and then installed the plastic flashing with caulking before I screwed the C channels back in.

The first photo shows the C channel the shower door frame piece slides into. When reassembled a small bead of clear caulk is needed on the shower side between the two pieces.

Simple tools are needed; phillips screw driver, single edge razor blades for cleaning off old chalk, bowl of water, paper towels, can of spray insulation (not the expanding type), biscuit or almond and clear caulk.

Kelvin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower 1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	252.0 KB
ID:	185268   Click image for larger version

Name:	Shower 2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	293.4 KB
ID:	185269  

Old 05-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
I'm out on a weekend trip and took a shower today and darn it if the shower still has a small leak. I took the shower door threshold and recalled it and checked other seams. Will test again tomorrow morning.

Kelvin
Old 05-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Still leaking after taking morning showers. I'm not sure where the leak is occurring. I removed the furnace vent on the front bedroom wall and from that hole I was able to see the shower drain. No leaking apparent from the shower drain and if there the water would not be able to drip onto the floor under the shower and run out to the hall way.

I took the wardrobe access panel behind the shower faucet and while the water was running I verified no leakage behind the faucet.

I have a moisture meter and testing the floor at the wardrobe next to the shower indicated no sign of moisture. As soon as I moved the meter probes along the floor below the shower door the meter started to register moisture. As I moved the meter along the base of the shower towards the bedroom and the carpet the moisture reading increased. I moved the meter around the shower corner on to the carpet. At the shower corner where the carpet and linoleum meet the moisture meter had its highest reading. Testing the carpet along the shower wall and bedroom carpet the meter measured drier conditions moving towards the trailer wall. So it appears water is getting behind the shower enclosure somehow through the shower door and wicking down on the inside shower wall to the floor behind the shower frame then weeping out to the hallway. Before I made the first repairs the water would run into the hallway. Now unless you are looking for it the water stays under the shower wood framework. If I place a paper towel along the base of the shower on the floor the towel wicks up the water from underneath to wood framework.

I'll let it dry out for the week and next weekend I'll retry the repair. I'll run the shower on the lower shower door area first on the wardrobe side when the door closes and then on the hinge area. Hopefully I can narrow down the area where the leak is and complete the repair successfully.

I wouldn't have thought this repair would be so difficult.

Kelvin

Tags
2010 classic