Old 04-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #43
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Originally Posted by MamaCass View Post
We have a 2007 31. Bought it one year old in late 2007. Tony (original owner) had it built without the dinette. A one-legged table slides, forward and back, in a metal track. Tony had Airstream, Inc. build a low cupboard against the refrigerator. He called it his $1,000 cupboard ($500 for the change in floorplan, $500 for the cupboard). We've settled on the table mid point between the above cupboard and the couch. That leaves 26" open on each side of the table. There, I've placed a homemade desk on each side for our laptops. The table came with 2 folding wooden chairs. We've added two more. Yes, it's now like residing in a sailboat. We have two Cocker Spaniels that also live in there, too. We spend 7 - 8 months a year in it. It weighs 9,000 lbs as does our tow vehicle.
I would really like to see some photos of that arrangement.

Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 03:58 AM   #44
1 Rivet Member
2005 31' Classic
Ludington , Michigan
OK, Ken, I'll give it a try. New to the forum. Will have my grandson assist me with the picture insertion. We are rug people. So, I've put down dark brown shag carpet front to rear with dark brown runners and area rugs over that. Cosy on the feet. By the way, my 31' Classic has disc brakes and it really does the job in emergency stopping.

MamaCass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:22 PM   #45
4 Rivet Member
Birmingham , Alabama
Finally here...

Picked it up over the weekend. Very pleased with the decision to go with the 30'. Great overall experience with Bill Thomas Camper Sales in MO.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS Delivery.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	128978  
cms4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:09 AM   #46
1 Rivet Member
2005 31' Classic
Ludington , Michigan
We have the 2007 31' Classic Limited. We really like the bath that you can step into and just slide the door closed so others can still walk by from front to back. The hallway closes off if you want a bigger dressing area. My wife likes that, especially withe the mirrors on the wardrobe and the tipped mirror over the sink.
Our trailer was a special order by the previous owner. Deleted the dinnete. Added a cupboard beside the refrigerator and installed a sliding wall mounted table with two chairs.
We're in the AS in excess of 6 months of the year. Two of us and two cocker spaniels. And we've added two computor laptop desks on the wall, one on each side of the table. (The table no longer slides. :-) It's now like living on a sailboat.) Everything has a place and everything in its place. We have 24 openings to the sun, and 12 of them open to the outside air. We love it.

MamaCass is offline   Reply With Quote

2007 classic