Old 11-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Lenoir City , Tennessee
whitelight: thanks for the feedback! I cannot find a picture of the free-standing table and chairs anywhere. Dealers don't seem to order them; AS company has not responded to my request for a picture.
Can you describe the table/chairs to me? Are they wood? Two chairs or four? Is the table fastened to the floor or can you easily move it around?

Old 11-24-2007, 06:09 PM   #16
aluminauti

Where we , Park it!
drop down dining table in 34' Front kitchen

Here's a picture of the fold down table when we first bought the trailer. The table is attached to the wall & can fold down.
There is also an extension for the table - (it's against the wall with the blue cloth over it in the picture.)

There are two wooden chairs that came with the trailer. We use the folding chairs in the compartment behind the stove for additional seating. When the extension is inserted, we can comfortably seat 5-6.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7713cb.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	49847  

Old 11-24-2007, 06:26 PM   #17
_

. , .
good pic whitelight!

the table used in the newer units is a bit different.

the schematic is in the floorplans posted above.

SOMEONE here has posted pictures of this newer table version in the last 6 months.

it is on a sliding tract along the street side wall instead of in the boxed/fold down format like yours.

initially i didn't want the dinette either,

but have found the storage under the benches very useful and the seats more comfortable (classic version) than expected.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 07:21 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Lenoir City , Tennessee
2air: Can you order the 31' without any table/dinette at all so that we can just do our own thing? The dealer we visited said that AS does not like modifications to their units. True? Or, just trying to sell what's on the lot?
Old 11-24-2007, 08:01 PM   #19
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrere
Can you order the 31' without any table/dinette at all so that we can just do our own thing?
sure you can!

look at the 31 floor plan g posted.

that 'free standing' sliding table/chairs could be deleted OR removed.

a/s does have a 'mod charge' (500 or 750?) even to leave things out, but it can be done.

sure the dealers wanna sell the inventory they already own,

but you can order and have a unit in 8 weeks or so.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:13 AM   #20
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrere
2air: Can you order the 31' without any table/dinette at all so that we can just do our own thing? The dealer we visited said that AS does not like modifications to their units. True? Or, just trying to sell what's on the lot?
2air' is right...you can delete some things on an order but they will definitely charge you a deviation fee...depending on what it is, it can be as much as $750...but they finish off the area very nicely...we have taken out beds and sofas for customers in the past without any problem but it is just alot easier to do it at the factory.

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 02:59 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Las Vegas ,
I am very interested in your installation of the flat panel in the MBR. We have a TV shelf, but a more permanent solution would be great. Did you have the dealer install? Do you have any advice on going about this?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
CALGARY , ALBERTA
We have the table and chairs and ordered 2 extra chairs for our two boy!!! The table can slide out of the way making run for bikes and toys
Old 12-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
This 3+ year-old thread is directly applicable to me.

I am looking to upsize from our 25 and deciding between a Classic 30 or 31. However, we don't have a decent dealer within 8 hours so I don't have the ability to touch/feel a 31.

To confirm what I am seeing here within this thread, the shower in the 31 is larger than the 30 with the split bath ?

My reaction to the floorplans as noted online and in the brochure is shower floorspace within the 30 would be a little larger...

-Chris
Old 12-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #24
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by cms4140 View Post
...To confirm what I am seeing here within this thread, the shower in the 31 is larger than the 30 with the split bath ?
yes, that's correct.

the bench is a fuller width and the standing space about 6 inches larger.

in fact it's possible to bend over in the shower of a 31/34 (they are the same mold)

and it's possible to towel OFF inside the shower with the door closed.

the bottle neck on the 31/34s is in front of the toilet and lav sink,

since the shower door opens OUT into that space.

the split in the 30 makes use of the hallway for standing space and has more room around the crapper.
_________

with the 31 and the free standing dinette,

it can be moved/repositioned to better use the sofa/bed.

and the chair FOLD if not in use.

with the standard dinette in a 31

about 1/3 of the sofa is tight like the back seat of a small car.

one loses the sleeping potential with a free standing dinette,

but a C or L shaped 'booth style' dinette could be fabricated with seating on 2-3 sides and open up the sofa area better.

while traveling west to the football game are there any dealers close to your route?

it could be fun to stop briefly an look, if any have them in stock.

cheers
2air'

Old 12-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post

while traveling west to the football game are there any dealers close to your route?

it could be fun to stop briefly an look, if any have them in stock.
Great suggestion. Camper Clinic 2 near Austin has a 31.

This is where attending the CanOpener would have been helpful...
Old 12-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #26
Wise Elder

2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
I have the 30' and am quite happy with it and with the space tradeoffs involved. The shower is cozy but usable; I am 6'1 and it works fine for me standing up.

I always figured that the main advantage of a 31' is that, even if someone is conducting an extended transaction in the bathroom, it is possible to get from the bedroom to the front of the trailer without interrupting. This isn't possible in a 30' and it does become an inconvenience when traveling with guests.

On the other hand the 31' floorplan loses space in the front, which is equally critical when traveling with guests.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2002 31' Classic
Houston , Texas
31' Street Side Bath

Concerning the street side "complete" bath on the 31' being cramped vs. the "split" bath of the 30' being open into the hall way; something that hasn't been mentioned yet is that with the 31' the hall way can be closed off using the "acordian" door at the kitchen (and also the bedroom door if need be) thereby allowing the bathroom door to be left open so that shower ingress/egress and toweling off becomes much less problematic.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #28
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by withidl View Post
...with the 31' the hall way can be closed off using the "acordian" door at the kitchen (and also the bedroom door if need be) thereby allowing the bathroom door to be left open so that shower ingress/egress and toweling off becomes much less problematic.
yep this is what i do in the 34 and with the closets/drawers right there it works great.

some folks remove the street side hall wall/next to the toilet which opens it up even more.

another thing i failed to mention earlier is the fridge.

the 10 cf fridge is DEEPER than the 7? footer so, when the fridge is opposite the shower (as in the 34)

that creates a TIGHT SPOT in the hall.

looking at 31 floor plans the fridge is NEXT to the shower, which improves that hall width a bit.

i am reasonably sure the floor plan above is showing a 7 cf fridge, so the 10 ftr would reach another 6 inches or so into the hall.

IF the 10 ftr isn't standard issue now (on 31s), it is a very worthwhile upgrade.

cheers
2air'

Tags
2007 classic