Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Classic
Ivanhoe , Virginia
Need info on 2007 Classic 28'

We are considering the above model with rear twin beds, which is what we need. We have only seen photos as we are 1200 miles from trailer. I found the floor plan in archives but they show a rear bedroom whereas I have only seen references on forum to front bedroom. There is no dinette. Is this strange to most folks or is it popular to give more room? This appears to be in very good condition and has awnings all around. Seller seems credible and we may talk tonight. We are downsizing from a large fifth wheel with slides. Truck to pull is not a problem. Would this be a good trailer to buy, potentially, and what would be a good ball park price? We also do not know standard features and options for that year Classic. It is a Limited. It is just us two seniors and maybe rarely grandchildren. Sure would like some input on this from those of you who know Airstreams.

Thanks, Pam
horseylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . According to the Airstream archive, they did not offer a FB Classic 28 in '07. The Classics I've seen are very nice looking units, I wish my FC had those cabinets, much better looking. I don't think you can go wrong with that model. The care and feeding by the present or previous owners will be the key to buy or no, IMO. . .have fun, Craig
Old 09-08-2015, 02:24 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
The front living area is large looking at the 28 plan. Just a couch in the front and two expanding tables on each side for eating/working from. One of the biggest complaints of the rear dinette side couch arrangement of the 27fb and later years 25fb is its not that comfortable. Just purchase some ottomans to prop your feet up on while watching TV from the couch or reading.

The Classics have the hickory wood finish cabinets which are very nice. The Classic will run a little heavier than the same floor plan in other trims. The full awning package is standard on the Classic. My only concern is if it has only 1 AC it may not keep the trailer cooler enough for your needs. I find the one 13.5k AC in our Classic 25fb OK but it doesn't bother me if the inside is around 80F - 82F when outside its 100F. If I were to purchase a longer Airstream, 2 ACs would be on my list.

Kelvin
Old 09-08-2015, 03:02 PM   #4
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Based on rigs viewed lately, pricing in the mid to high 30s would be appropriate for a unit in excellent condition. Excellent means recent tires, bearings repacked, and brakes checked as well as all systems operating at spec and minimal evidence of usage. At that price, you could also expect the seller to include a host of ancillary gear like hitch, sewer hoses, electrical cable, etc.

Ditto KJRitchie's comment; I have a 28' footer with the 13.5k AC and it suffices for East Coast applications in summer shade but is marginal for hotter climates out West where full sun and 100 degree days can be an issue.

Personally, we would miss the dinette which not only works nicely at meal time, but can be a very handy staging area when stocking or vacating the coach. There isn't much natural counter space (unless you set up the couch tables) in the unit you are investigating.
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Classic
Ivanhoe , Virginia
I would probably always have one of those tables up because my computer is usually out and a work in progress so I would have a dumping spot.

We have had several rigs with just one A/C and it was satisfactory--we were out west then but never in the desert. We would probably replace with a 15k anyway.

I never saw a floorpan for the front bed either! The couch looks very comfy and the ottoman is my plan. We didn't like the floorpans with the dinette up front, or back, and then the extended sofa because it doesn't look like there would be a good place to watch TV except in the bedroom. Not sure there is a tv in the bedroom, yet.

One strange thing is where the toilet is placed and it looks like no door except the doors that isolate the closet/bath area from the rest of the unit. Probably could live with that.

If anyone has an older Classic 28, I would love it if you would pop in!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:53 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I like the Classic 28 floor plan except for the lack of a dinette booth.
See if you can find a Classic 30 or Classic 31. Both of them have dinettes.
On the other hand, the microwave location is better on the Classic 28.
I guess you could eat at the fold-out table while sitting in your Zip Dee chairs.
Overall good, roomy floor plan. I don't know why they don't make it anymore.
The Classic Limited was the top of the line with many standard features.
Mine only lacks solar and inverter.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Dallas Center/Des Moines , Iowa
Pam, be sure to get the Serial Number so you can verify year, make and model.

The Airstream website likely has the documentation you are looking for.

Below are a couple links. Also, once at the Airstream website hoover your mouse over the SERVICE tab and it will offer Archive Documents and Manuals.

http://www.airstream.com/wp-content/...87a168540f.pdf

http://www.airstream.com/wp-content/...f7cfbb2cce.pdf
iowaroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:43 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
Austin , Texas
We have a 2004 28' Classic, not sure the 2007 is the same, but sounds like it. Twin beds in the rear. In the front is a couch across the width of the trailer and fold up tables for eating working. With only 2 seniors and a large dog, this floor plan is ideal for us. The dinette takes up lots of room, is not comfortable seating and makes a bed that we don't need. We bought bean bag like cubes to use as foot rests when sitting on the couch. Unlike current Airstream couches, our sofa has a slanted back and, thus, is comfortable for sitting. And it makes into a bed when you need one. Ours has an amazing amount of storage, which is also due in part to their being no dinette.
tomterrific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:20 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Classic
Ivanhoe , Virginia
2007 Classic 28 Limited

Earthcreeper--good idea on verifying info.

Tom, does your model have the walk-thru bathroom? I don't like the fact that there is no door except the doors that shut off that entire area.

I would like the dinette, too, but was able to see a 2006 today that has the same front with couch and tables so I can see how it would work. Lots of quality in the Classic, at least the older ones. Seems to have great storage.

Pam