Old 07-01-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
2005 25' International CCD
Creve Coeur , Missouri
Fair Value - 2007 Classic

How do I establish a fair value for my 2007 34' Classic Limited? I need to sell and don't know what to set as a price. Not much guidance in the marketplace.

tprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
An Airstream dealer that does consignments should be able to tell you about what he thinks it would bring in. Most likely he will have to see it before he could make a determination as to market value, but it might be worth your while to check it out.
He might even have several buyers looking for one. It could be a win/win situation.
I did that not to long ago and I am very happy with the results.
My old trailer sold in a matter of days and at a fair price. It was basically a very easy transaction.

Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
2010 31' Classic
Mobile , Alabama
Send a message via AIM to Greg N Send a message via Yahoo to Greg N
You might also look it up on Kelly Blue Book...Also ask a bank what they would loan on it as that seems to be what you can sell them for...

Greg N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member
2010 31' Classic
Mobile , Alabama
Send a message via AIM to Greg N Send a message via Yahoo to Greg N
Sorry was thinking N.A.D.A and typed Kelly Blue Book, so check out the value on NADA sorry bout that...

Greg N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Eureka Springs , Arkansas
I would use the same approach as a person who is looking to buy and wants to become familiar with pricing.
It does take a little time watching the AS classifieds, Ebay, and other sites.
On most listings, you really don't know the selling price, but after a while, you figure out the price range from ones that sold.
Some of the online "bluebook" prices are too low.

I also wouldn't rule out a qualified and knowledgeable, consignment dealer. It may be the best money you spend.

Good luck,

triplenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:02 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member
2007 31' Classic
holland , Pennsylvania
supply and is small,demand on a discontinued trailer should be higher than supply.i beleive this trailer in great condition should hold a premium guess is the market is 10 to 15k higher than the nada value.getting somebody with the cash or credit to buy will be the stumbling block.alot of dealers will try to convince you the trailer is worthless to steal it from you.dont buy their bs.with the model i have used sales due to supply are almost nonexistent.
xonvldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #7
Rivet Master
2002 25' Safari
1977 20' Argosy 20
northern valley , new jersey
my own observation is that NADA values are flavored by the fact (or so, I'm told) that they are taken principally from state motor vehicle / tax agency reporting of declared 'sale price'.

one year ago, when trying to price a 2002 Safari 25C, NADA had its retail value at about $ 11,000. - clearly an absurdly low price.

when trying to find "comparable sales" of an Airstream, it can be hard!

Craigslist is sometimes helpful. eBay may give you some insight, but it's less useful today as you'll only find "Completed listings" going back 45 days in the Automotive section. I found the classifieds here on Airforums a good place to advertise, having bought and sold two other Airstreams since 2008.

I think that Bluto's suggestion might be the most helpful to you. else, use the seat of your pants, and offer it up for what might even be an unreasonable price - the market will give you it's own response!

Joseph & Gabrielle

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci.

WBCCI 2087 - AIR 3144 - TAC-NJ2
jm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member
2007 31' Classic
Pulaski , Tennessee
I recently sold a Sunnybrook fiver. I had similar problems. The NADA values for TTs are often too low, especially for an older unit. So much of the value depends on the condition of the TT and the average used TT isn't in that great of condition. Just visit a dealer lot and look at the used units and you'll see what I mean. I cleaned my unit up real good (it was already in very good condition) and took photos from every view you could think of and placed it on eBay. I used the NADA value as my reserve price. I should have put it higher because it didn't take long for the bids to reach that. I ended up selling it to a couple from Dallas, TX (I live in North Alabama). Transaction went very well. Although I had several bidders and the final price was more than I expected, I could have had more bidders if I was willing to deliver the unit a state away. I didn't have time to do this so I restricted it to the winning bidder coming to my location to take delivery. This and any other qualifiers needs to be clearly stated in the auction description.

To ensure the integrity of my sale, I required $500 paid through paypal within 24 hours of end of auction. If they didn't pay within that time then I could go to next highest bidder to see if they still wanted to purchase or could relist it. I also required final payment and pickup within a week of auction close. Payment was required with certified bank check.

Note that if the reserve price isn't met you are under no obligation to accept the high bid.

au_ee is offline   Reply With Quote

2007 classic