Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Archer , Florida
Classic vs Classic limited

I am new to the forums and in search of the perfect AS. Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this questsion-Looking at Classic 31- any other difference between the plain classic and the classic limited, other than leather sofa? Also, is there something special about the 75th anniversary edition?
Flying Gypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:38 AM   #2

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Not sure about the difference in the two but the 75th anniversary edition was just the year it was built. They put them on every unit in 06 and 07.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:45 AM   #3

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
Also here are the specs from Airstream. You might not need them but it's also nice to have.

http://service.airstream.com/files/l...6b5fb58074.pdf
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
_

. , .
hello and welcome to the a/s game show...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flewellg View Post
...Looking at Classic 31- any other difference between the plain classic and the classic limited, other than leather sofa?...
keep in mind that 30s and 31s are EXACTLY the same size or length.

these 2 'models' differ in floor plan

with 30s having bathroom that goes 'across' the stream (split)

and 31s having the entire bathroom on ONE side (the street side)

the 2 units feel different from the inside because of layouts,

but that is just a result of how/where furnishings are placed.

bl's link in the last posts shows the floor plan (especially bathroom) differences nicely.

also the 'leather' isn't leather, it's "ultra leather"...

this is a coated cloth that has the look and feel of soft leather,

but cleans like vinyl and is pretty durable, with micro perforations to vent it some.

think of it as a more modern naugahyde or high quality fake animal skin...
________

until 2006 the classic units could be had in normal or 'limited' trim.

the most visual differences were honey stained OAK vs HICKORY inside...

and solid blue vs solid burgundy awning cloth and graphics/trim outside.

there is a list of other differences (add ons) for the limiteds and you can find that list here...

see the PDF file attached below the color table in the next LINK,

open the pdf, and scroll down to the 'options package' details...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f296...res-27055.html

we've also discussed particulars of the 2 versions in these threads...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f439...ide-26749.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...ams-16078.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f353...eds-28644.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f398...ted-25837.html

some of the L bits are very nice/useful like electric jacks, taller lp tanks and flag box ...

and some are simply nice like hickory and the acrylic door grab...

and some items were/are useless fillers like jackets, hats and gold trimmed lavatory fixtures.

to make matter more confusing, after 06? ALL of the classics were tagged as limited...

they did get the hickory interiors but many of the other USEFUL things

that were part of the earlier limited package disappeared.

they also went back to blue (striped) awning cloth for all of them

so imo the later model classic limited are limited limiteds...

again the early link has all the details/specs for 05s,

and the 06s had only a few changes like disc brakes and taller segment protectors.

sometime around 06/07 a/s WISELY stopped putting beveled MIRRORS in all of the interior overhead cabinet doors...

this was a nice visual improvement since the units WITH 10 beveled mirrors at eye level looked cheesy...

unless you like the french harem look...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by flewellg View Post
I am new to the forums and in search of the perfect AS. Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this questsion-Looking at Classic 31- any other difference between the plain classic and the classic limited, other than leather sofa? Also, is there something special about the 75th anniversary edition?
Hi,

I own a 2010 Classic 31D. As far as I know they currently are all Classic Limiteds. Ours says Classic Limited on it. We do not have the Ultra Leather Couch. The Ultra Leather couch is simply an option you may order. By the way, from my research Ultra Leather is not leather, it is a synthetic product that is advertised as "better" than natural leather. We did not get the Ultra Leather couch because 2 cats travel with us.

I'm sorry I can't help with any info on 75th Anniversary.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
2011 30 CL Order form

I have a 2011 CL 30 order form on hand and thought I would compare base price to what 2air references in a thread link above. Wow! Nice increase over the past 5-6 years.

-Chris
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2011 30 Classic.pdf (416.4 KB, 204 views)
cms4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #7
_

. , .
good job chris!

so few people take them time to share those documents here.,

having the 2011 posted is a real plus.

there should be a repository here for these things.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Archer , Florida
Wow- thanks for all of your quick responses. Every day, I get more info than I would have even imagined. I hadn't made the connection between limited and hickory interior, which is my preference. And the ultra leather not being leather is interesting too. This is going to help with the search for the perfect rolling home
Old 01-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post
good job chris!

so few people take them time to share those documents here.,

having the 2011 posted is a real plus.

there should be a repository here for these things.

cheers
2air'
Any cpa worth his salt is going to have his #'s on paper!

When I ordered mine last week, I wanted to see the order form to get comfy with the $ increases associated with 2nd a/c, ultraleather, bedroom tv, convection micro & cooktop, etc. The price for the bedroom tv is a bit extreme IMO, so I will be taking my own and asking the dealer to install upon delivery.

-Chris
cms4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Hobe Sound , Florida
Just came across your post. We have an 06 Classic LTD 34' with slide. It is heavenly. The beautiful hickory interior, the maroon striping and awnings - and the 75th Anniversary emblem! We upgraded from the 70th Anniversary edition in 2005. We have the "ultra" leather sofa and I wouldn't want anything else. So comfy, easy to keep clean, nothing can hide on it! We just love our Airstream, and they don't make them like her anymore! Good luck in your search.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenturnr View Post
Just came across your post. We have an 06 Classic LTD 34' with slide. It is heavenly. The beautiful hickory interior, the maroon striping and awnings - and the 75th Anniversary emblem! We upgraded from the 70th Anniversary edition in 2005. We have the "ultra" leather sofa and I wouldn't want anything else. So comfy, easy to keep clean, nothing can hide on it! We just love our Airstream, and they don't make them like her anymore! Good luck in your search.
Very nice trailer.

The reason we opted out on the Ultra leather was fear of what our two cats would do to it. They don't scratch on the wrong thing often, but one scratch or "claws out" to maintain balance would really show on that type of fabric. I do think the Ultra leather is more attractive.

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
Pulaski , Tennessee
06 31' Classic

We have a 31' 2007 Classic Limited. I am not sure what the difference in the classic and classic limited is on 2006 and newer models. From the research I did before purchasing ours last year, it apeared that on these newer models they are all considered Classic Limited. I believe on older models there may have been a distinction. The ultra leather sofa is an option that must be paid for but many of the dealers ordered them with the ultra leather.

We looked at both the 31' and the 30'. They are actually both the same length, just the interior layout differs. Our preference is the 31' because the shower is a little larger and we liked the layout in the kitchen area. The 30' has more room between the sofa and the dinette. I believe they both weigh about the same.

We pull ours with a F250 Powerstroke Diesel. The diesel really helps when towing in the Rockies.

They are difficult to find but if you can locate a 2006 or newer unit, that has been taken care of, you will have a significant savings. I looked for over a year and ended up going to Michigan to find ours but it was worth it. Ours looks brand new and we saved a bundle.
au_ee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:37 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2006 31' Classic
Archer , Florida
Thank you all for helping in our quest. We have found her! 31' Classic (not limited) and the anticipation is just driving us nuts...Now we just need for the snow and cold weather to end, before the floods begin (oops too late for that according to the morning's news), before heading North to bring her back to Florida. Hope to have her here to watch the next shuttle go up on 4-19 (if they don't postpone that) as we are booked into Manatee Hammock for that one. The plan is to head up the last week of March to meet her and bring her home- If anyone has any pull with Mother Nature, please feel free to ask for her help for a safe trip home.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2022 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
anywhere , Alabama
2006 75thy anniv. edition 34 classic limited with slide-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenturnr View Post

We have the same unit, i am sure different interior colors, and we love it! The extra space, the huge corian countertop, solar panels, electronics package, you name it!
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2006 classic