Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2006 - 2010 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Classic or Classic Limited?

Can someone tell me if there are any differences between a Classic and a Classic Limited? Are they the same unit, just a newer year so they made a name change?
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Technically, I believe the Classic Limited is the official name for all Classic trailers of about 2007 or newer. These trailers have hickory cabinets and dark bronze faucets among other upgrade over earlier Classics.

In 2006 and earlier, I think the top line was just called the "Classic". In those years, however, there was a "Limited" option package available on the Classics. This option may have included hickory cabinets in the later years. It also tended to include a red exterior color theme (graphics, awnings, Zip Dee chairs, etc.) rather than the blue theme on regular Classics.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #3
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
If you like the color burgundy, get the limited..

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
Technically, I believe the Classic Limited is the official name for all Classic trailers of about 2007 or newer. These trailers have hickory cabinets and dark bronze faucets among other upgrade over earlier Classics.

In 2006 and earlier, I think the top line was just called the "Classic". In those years, however, there was a "Limited" option package available on the Classics. This option may have included hickory cabinets in the later years. It also tended to include a red exterior color theme (graphics, awnings, Zip Dee chairs, etc.) rather than the blue theme on regular Classics.

Thanks Joe, a saleman left me wondering what he was talking about, but now it makes sense.
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
The '06 & earlier Classic Ltd. trailers also included electrically operated stabilizers.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 25' Classic
Hydes
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlamica View Post
If you like the color burgundy, get the limited..
Airstream hasn't offered "Burgandy" for several years now. All Limiteds are "Blue"
craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
Commercial Member

2016 27' International
Currently Looking...
Wilton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftsman View Post
Airstream hasn't offered "Burgandy" for several years now. All Limiteds are "Blue"
Thanks for straightening me out.. in my price range i never made it up to blue. They were always Burgundy

https://www.facebook.com/VinniesNort...ir?ref=tn_tnmn
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:56 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post

At least for the 2004 model year that we owned, in addition to the burgandy graphics and burgandy awnings all around, and the electric corner jacks already mentioned, the Limiteds also included 40# propane tanks (vs. 30#), a Moen filtering faucet, hickory cabinets (vs. oak), and "brass" bathroom fixtures (advertised as brass but some of which were actually just brass plated plastic or steel). You also got his and hers matching hats and jackets.

If you purchased the Limited option, Airstream also charged about $6,000 more for it, much more than these options were worth. Unless, you just liked the color burgandy.

John
Old 03-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher View Post
At least for the 2004 model year that we owned, in addition to the burgandy graphics and burgandy awnings all around, and the electric corner jacks already mentioned, the Limiteds also included 40# propane tanks (vs. 30#), a Moen filtering faucet, hickory cabinets (vs. oak), and "brass" bathroom fixtures (advertised as brass but some of which were actually just brass plated plastic or steel). You also got his and hers matching hats and jackets.

If you purchased the Limited option, Airstream also charged about $6,000 more for it, much more than these options were worth. Unless, you just liked the color burgandy.

John
Thanks for the more detailed info. I knew there was more to the "Limited" option that awning color, but I didn't have a list. But come to think of it, I have seen Limiteds with the power levelers at the corners and no tongue jack before. They also had horizontal LP bottles rather than the normal vertical.

And I think if you go back into the mid 1980's, some Limiteds got a wood grain stripe around the body instead of blue or burgundy.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007 classic