Old 03-15-2017, 08:16 PM   #1

2007 30' Classic
Crestview , Florida
2005-08 Classic 31 Closet size

Hi Everyone,

We are in the process of looking for our first Airstream and very much like early to mid 2000's Classic 31's, they seem perfect for our family and we plan on converting the hall closet into a play area/bunk for our toddler. We are planning to go visit a few listed online soon, but before I make the trip I would love to know how long/deep is the hall closet? I can't seem to find it anywhere and any help would be appreciated.

As a sidebar this forum was one of the deciding factors for us to move to an Airstream, an awesome resource!

-Rob

Old 03-17-2017, 03:24 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic S/O
Hampton Beach , New Hampshire
Welcome

Hi Rob - Welcome to the forums! We're new ourselves and went the used route too. I don't have a 2007 31 Classic so I can't give you an accurate measurement...there are archived documents on the AirStream website:

2007 Classic Limited Floorplans
<https://www.airstream.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/972572f7cfbb2cce.pdf>

2007 Classic Limited Specifications
<https://www.airstream.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/7cb8c604dfdf6c5d.pdf>

You can probably extrapolate an approximate dimension based upon the other measurements on the floor plan drawings. For example the queen bed is 60x75 and the wardrobe appears to be shorter than that.

The bottom of our wardrobe has a lift out panel to access plumbing and heating work areas. The 07 Classic maybe different...

All the best with your search!

Tom

- 2008 30' Classic S/O - S/OS #025 - Riding on 16" Wheels and Tires -
- Live Free or Die -
STREMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:30 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Nixa , Missouri
Go to youTube and subscribe to Less Junk More Journey. They bought a 2008/9 Classic 30/31, yanked out the closet to put a bunk/play area for their toddler. Then they painted all the hickory cabinets white. Kinda looks like the inside of an Igloo now but they like it.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:14 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Rochester , New York
Dimensions

We have a 31 foot, 2008 Classic. Closet dimensions are 21.75" x 54" x 54". But that is not a complete volume - there is the curve of the outer skin and a jog on the right hand side to accommodate a tank vent.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:38 PM   #5

2006 30' Classic
Reno , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtracy View Post
Hi Everyone,

We are in the process of looking for our first Airstream and very much like early to mid 2000's Classic 31's, they seem perfect for our family and we plan on converting the hall closet into a play area/bunk for our toddler. We are planning to go visit a few listed online soon, but before I make the trip I would love to know how long/deep is the hall closet? I can't seem to find it anywhere and any help would be appreciated.

As a sidebar this forum was one of the deciding factors for us to move to an Airstream, an awesome resource!

-Rob
We have a 2006 Classic 30'. Closet dimension is 25" deep, 34 1/2" wide x 62" high. Door opening is 18" x 55 1/2". There is a panel to the right of the door opening which includes 3" for the door trim and 10" for the panel. Ours does not have a vent in the closet but there is a light switch for the shower located in the 10" side panel which would have to be relocated. Whatever you decide you will be happy going with an Airstream.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:24 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2000 30' Excella
Toledo , Ohio
The 31's have a bigger closet than the 30's . 31's don't have a dinette the 30's do and have a split bath
Old 03-20-2017, 03:51 PM   #7

2007 30' Classic
Crestview , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
Go to youTube and subscribe to Less Junk More Journey. They bought a 2008/9 Classic 30/31, yanked out the closet to put a bunk/play area for their toddler. Then they painted all the hickory cabinets white. Kinda looks like the inside of an Igloo now but they like it.

Kelvin
Thanks Kelvin, it is a great reference, but I think we will go for the warmer look... like the new National Park tribute model. A lot of white, but it looks like a good base for building on... like primer?

For reference everyone, I have heard from a few people and it looks like the closet is 54-55 inches in length.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:52 PM   #8

2007 30' Classic
Crestview , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by STREMN View Post
Hi Rob - Welcome to the forums! We're new ourselves and went the used route too. I don't have a 2007 31 Classic so I can't give you an accurate measurement...there are archived documents on the AirStream website:

2007 Classic Limited Floorplans
<https://www.airstream.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/972572f7cfbb2cce.pdf>

2007 Classic Limited Specifications
<https://www.airstream.com/wp-content/uploads/archive/7cb8c604dfdf6c5d.pdf>

You can probably extrapolate an approximate dimension based upon the other measurements on the floor plan drawings. For example the queen bed is 60x75 and the wardrobe appears to be shorter than that.

The bottom of our wardrobe has a lift out panel to access plumbing and heating work areas. The 07 Classic maybe different...

Tom

Tom,

Good idea for the measurement. Any tips or lessons learned when you bought yours? Things to look for you wish you did? Lots of good references on here, but I figured I would ask.

-Rob
Old 03-20-2017, 07:38 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2008 30' Classic S/O
Hampton Beach , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtracy View Post
Tom,

Good idea for the measurement. Any tips or lessons learned when you bought yours? Things to look for you wish you did? Lots of good references on here, but I figured I would ask.

-Rob
Rob,

I think youíve done the hard part already by figuring out what you wanted. We really had to educate ourselves.

We went to a bunch of RV shows and traveled to quite a few different dealers to see with our own eyes, and do the touch and feel thing. You canít do that online. That gave us a better idea of what we wanted.

We wanted an AirStream and felt that the Classic model fit us best. The search was on to find the right one. New was certainly an option with a big initial investment. We felt that going the previously owned route would serve us better.

See the good, but look for the bad. Search for the problems, listen to the history. Water is not friendly to RVís and itís probably the biggest problem to overcome. All the other systems are pretty much mechanical in one way or another and that can be repaired if problematic. Water related problems i.e leaks can be elusive and time consuming. Your nose can also give you clues about the trailer tooÖ

There is lotís of great info here in the forums and chances are somebody else has already gone through what you might be facing. The group has lotís of great people with lotís of good advice, all youíve gotta do is ask the question. Thereís usually a flurry of answers.

We found our trailer at a Dealer on consignment. We heard some of itís history from the Dealer and I was able to actually talk with the owner for about 20 minutes on the phone. Thatís an interesting story in itself, but for another time. We knew we were buying in to some issues, but nothing that was insurmountable.

After weighing things out we were able to negotiate a price that we felt was reasonable and made the purchase. After some post purchase minor maintenance we were off an rolling.

Just like buying a house, get a good inspection. That should give you a good indicator as whether or not this is what you want to do. The inspection will give you leverage in either pre-purchase repairs or a lower purchase price. Itís well worth the cost.

Be patient, be thorough, watch the classified ads here, RV Trader, and Craigslist for opportunities. Dealers are in business to sell and make a profit, not necessarily to be your friend.

Fellow AirStreamers will share their enthusiasm for Adventure and the lifestyle. In our experiences theyíll go out of their way to share and help you. They can also be a resource for something that may go up for sale soon.

Tom

- 2008 30' Classic S/O - S/OS #025 - Riding on 16" Wheels and Tires -
- Live Free or Die -
STREMN is offline   Reply With Quote