Old 10-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

1963 28' Ambassador
Smiths Grove , Kentucky
Mikethefixit,
Soooooo right. As soon as I replace these axles I'm coming your way!!

I think I have enjoyed reading and learning about so many different people this year on this forum.

I think it is nice to know there are so many people wanting to help others.

I think it is nice to know as soon as winter is over we will be ready to camp again..

63silver

63Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #22
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , Milky Way
Thumbs up

62overlander, I think we may be related.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5-13-07 cyber-shot #4 154.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	69040  
Attached Images

"Just because you don't know how, doesn't mean you cant."
Amanamus

Sweet Streams....🌥
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:53 PM   #23
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I think they might be related too. The coolest thing was that the entire restoration was done by a 15 year old boy. The entire trailer was flawless. His dad is in the picture.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:37 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
We park beside one of these at Deming TCT each year. Our friend has a '54 Ford Station wagon the same color as the trailer in the picture. The one at Deming is a dark green. These are fairly rare and it is pretty neat that a 15 year old not only did it but that he was motivated to do so.

Robert, that car of yours is just so neat. It really needs to have an Airstream attached to the the back of it as it goes down the road. I'd almost kill for one that nice.

Oh well,

I think polishing the roof of ones Airstream is a personal thing. For short people it will never matter. For tall people they need it polished so they can make sure their hair is on straight (don't most of you guys have toupee's in your old age?) - Oh, you mean the outside roof.

I think having an Air'hanger to put ones trailer in for the season is great as it doesn't matter what the weather guy throws at it, it is nice and dry.

Barry
Old 10-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Upperco , Maryland
I think one of my favorite smells is fresh cut lumber.
hampstead38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 05:25 AM   #26
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampstead38 View Post
I think one of my favorite smells is fresh cut lumber.
Now is that fresh cut framing lumber? Fresh cut cedar, cherry, maple? I really dislike the smell of cut oak. It makes me feel queazy. I actually try and avoid cabinet jobs that involve oak.

I think one of my favorite smells is Nuvite. That lemony pine smell is very unique and I just love the smell of it.

I also think the smell of a baby is tremendous.

I think of my travels to Mexico when I smell limes, diesel, or sewage.

I think durian fruit does not smell as bad as everyone says it does.

I think the smell of wine is pleasant, however I find the taste revolting.

I think the taste of bourbon to be great, but the smell of it on someone's breath to be revolting.

I like to think I can smell a rat.

I think the one pet rat I smelt, smelt like a hamster. Don't like either of those smells, even if they kind of smell like cedar mixed with some dark veil urine that only rodents can produce.

I know I love the way a campfire smells. I even like the way it smells on your clothing the next day.

I do not like the smell of a gentleman's club. The next day it smells even worst and there are no dollar bills to stuff up your nose to block out the smell.

I think the smells at a baseball game combine together to create a smell I like to call "America".

I like the way my neighbors cooking smells to the right of me.

I would like to smell cooking to the left of me, but the pizza man keeps the box closed and the Chinese food is always tied up in a bag so no smells get out.

I like the smell of snow, but do not like the cold that comes with it.

I like the smells of the autumn forest, but do not like knowing that the cold and snow will be coming.

I especially like the smell of coffee brewing. I know that mine is ready now....
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Upperco , Maryland
I think a "hanger" is going to have to wait until my wife and I buy our next home (out west).
Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #28
LJH
Rivet Master

1985 27' Sovereign
Defiance , Ohio
Happy Birthday!! Paula! I am also 60. I think I'm still trying to decide what to do when I grow up.
LJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:15 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Upperco , Maryland
Ten more things I think today

1. I think the smear of POR-15 will eventually wear off my leg.

2. I think a gravity feed paint gun is about 10 times better than a suction feed paint gun... you know, the suction feed paint gun I broke.

3. I think if the lid on the can of POR-15 I opened today was any tighter, it would have taken dynamite to get it off.

4. I think I'm glad I'm refurbishing a little old utility trailer for my father-in-law.

5. I think John Deere green is a good color. In fact, I think about every vintage tractor color is good.

6. I think I need more and better vise grips.

7. I think I'm sorely disappointed that DeWalt made a handy, little 15 gallon compressor and then put a lousy, cheap valve on the bottom of the tank.

8. I think buying a new impact wrench was a wise decision.

9. I think I'm avoiding getting out the Marine Clean and cleaning the inside of the Overlander.

10. I think it's late and time to zzzz.
Old 11-08-2008, 03:14 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1969 25' Tradewind
Irmo , South Carolina
I think I'm lucky to be able to carry on the tradition of Airstreaming that goes back two generations before me.

I think it's great to be a fairly young couple (me-33, her-27) and still be accepted into a community that is genreally considered the realm of folks twice our age.(Thanks to those who really are twice my age! It's nice not to be ignored and considered an idiot simply because I don't remember when JFK was president.)

I think vintage Airstream wiring was planned out and installed by someone with an evil sense of humor.

I think if I keep searching, I'll find the source of that leak one of these days.

I think a new pull out awning would be awfully convenient, but there's just something about that pole & rope awning that fits on a vintage Airstream. Even if it IS a pain in the behind to set up and finding a place to store it is an even bigger pain.

I think you haven't truely experienced Airstreaming until you've fallen in "the crack" while attempting to sleep on a gaucho that is folded down.

I think calling that lump on top of my Trade Wind an air-conditioner is sort of like calling a Yugo a car.

I think the looks of envy from owners of 40-foot 5th wheels is priceless, and passing them on a long uphill grade with the truck still in overdrive is even better.

I think I'm going to start shopping for a used 34-footer since everyone is running away from them lately.

I think one of the symptoms of aluminitis is procrastination.

I think I'm going to retrofit a newer aluminum bumper to my my vintage trailer even if it's not authentic.

I think the declining economy just means less crowding at the tourist destinations.

I think I need an excuse to go camping.
AIR #8891
Unrestored 1969 25' Tradewind
Overkill Tow Vehicle of the Year Award:
2001 GMC 3500 4x4 Dually 6.6L Duramax
Journalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
1. I think the splatter of Por-15 will never come off my glasses.
2. I think my trip to the RV Surplus store was the highlight of my trip to Elkhart.
3. I think my project for next summer (if I can wait that long) will be the stainless steel sink & faucet for the bathroom that I got at the RV Surplus store for $15!!!!!
4. I think a mirror finish is the bomb, but I know for my psycological health I shouldn't go there again.
5. I think every roof should be polished, but mine isn't (yet)
6. I think I have a bit of the old-timers setting in since I've lost so many parts that I took off while restoring. I've spent some big bucks replacing them
7. I think my friends & family think I'm crazy when I get so excited to see another Airstream & have to turn around to see it better if it's parked.
8. I think I'll miss seeing the trailer in my yard when it's gone hunting this winter.
9. I think my brother is crazy for getting a trailer that has canvas ends.
10. I think I need to get something done here today & I've thought too long.

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote