Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Overlander > 1965 - 1969 Overlander
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Zanesville , Ohio
Overlander '65 wants black wheels/cone hubs?

Hello all. We've taken care of various inside this and that's in our newly purchased 65 Overlander. We are ready to roll...sorta', kinda! One big delay. Our new tires have been waiting for wheels/hubs for three weeks now. We put our name on the Vintage Trailer Supply's call list for the purchase of wheels: 15' black 15X6JJ 6 on 5.5 and cone hubcaps to fit wheels when they came in (two-three weeks ago). I called today, as I hadn't heard from anyone at Vintage. They forgot to call us and the wheel and hub shipment we were waiting on has since come and gone. I was told the wheels/hubs roll off the truck as fast as they get them in. Now we are back on their list once again for another wait of two-three weeks until next shipments availability. Kimberly (customer service gal) said they don't take orders ahead of time, or I would have ordered and paid for wheels/hubs over the phone today.

Is anyone aware of where we can get the same (or the like) 15" 6 on 5.5 black wheels & cone hubcaps (would like nice chrome) near our area (Columbus, Ohio), or online? Here are the wheels & hubcaps at Vintage Trailer Supply (middle of page): http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/-s/76 We would like to keep as close to original 65 Overlander look as possible. We are not finding other options in our search. We wanted to use our original clip on hubs, but that doesn't look possible, and we've given up that idea. We sure would appreciate anyone's help here, as we are very anxious to get rolling...literally. Thanks, Vicki
Hihosilver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1965 22' Safari
Salt Lake City , Utah
I got mine from these guys. Fast shipping. They are Dexter Wheels.
15 X 6 655 Black OEM style wheel for use with Baby Moon Hub Caps
The 655 means 6 on 5.5
BWH
BWH-Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
check around

The wheels are not magic. Go to any good trailer (I use a good utility trailer shop) place and order them. It takes about two days at the longest. My last ones were 35 dollars....painted white/ black or silver.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
asbury park , New Jersey
i got mine @ inland. they came superfast.maybe cause it was shipped from western PA to eastern PA; but if your in OH, should still be superfast. they have the hubcaps too.
NJtoNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1965 26' Overlander
Zanesville , Ohio
Thanks...we're on it...you guys are great!
Hihosilver2 is offline   Reply With Quote