Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Overlander > 1965 - 1969 Overlander
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #1

1969 27' Overlander
McGregor , Texas
Newbie with question

I have read several threads since being registered and I know it it quite dangerous to ask a question without specific details but here it goes anyways.

I have a 1969 Overlander 27'. The shell is in great condition. All windows are present and work well. It has been sitting outside for 3 years.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a ballpark figure on wiring, plumbing a kitchen sink, shower and toilet, insulating walls and under belly and putting all new aluminum on interior walls and under carriage. I would also like the window frames polished and resealed along with the exterior polished.

I currently have it stripped down to the walls with a new floor in it. All interior aluminummpanels removed, along with insulation.

I know it wont be exact but i need and idea before start getting bids. It is a 1969 27ft overlander. I will finish the interior cabinets, flooring, and finish work my self. I just want it buttoned up and polished. When i say plumb and wire i mean installing hot water and black and gray tAnks along with the a/c. I also want to install to vents. I want the shell complete ready to finish out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reesestream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Welcome to the forum. Even if you only want a ballpark number, you need to write down a work list of all the work that you want done and all the materials that need to be included to accomplish the work list. You will also learn a lot by forcing yourself to provide the worklist writeup. While you are at it make a worklist of the work that you do not want completed. This will help insure that all items are covered.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote