Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
1969 27' Overlander
sacramento , California
'69 Overlander water tank swap

After discovering rot in the front of my trailer I pulled up the floor to discover some decay in the frame,,so at this point after pulling out the goucho & the water tank , I decided I want to put a dinette in the front,which wont allow me to use the current tank so my thought was to build the dinette seats around two water tanks hooked together which would allow leg room under the centralized table.Curious what the folks who've done this conversion, did about the storage of fresh water.I also have a 1970 overlander which has the tank hidden ,not sure where though, any ideas? Another thought would be to build aframe & support a tank in between the frame under the floor as it is already open right now.Any ideas & thoughts on this would be apreciated & also any sources for custom poly tanks .If I did have the tank below the pump in it's current location would that be too much for it to draw water uphill.Thanks in advance.Ian
colin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Bastrop , Texas
we are twins

I have the exact same 27' rig. And i am in the infant stages of a full monte. I read some threads by the veteran member, specifically, (Uwe, Toastie, and Aerowood), they are craftsman, and have already done, all the things we are dreaming. Check out their threads and take notes. I am updating all my holding tanks, and putting them in the basement. Fresh water just in front of axel, black will stay where it is, and grey between them somewhere centered. Friend me, and we can keep up with each others progress.
hotstuff is offline   Reply With Quote