Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Overlander > 1965 - 1969 Overlander
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Spring Branch , Texas
Arrow '69 International Land Yacht 31' price

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and have found a VERY NICE '69 International Land Yacht 31' that seems to have been garage-kept and very well maintained by an elderly man. Everything works and it is very clean and mostly original except for new tires, a/c, frig, carpet. No smells, no water leaks, solid floors. It hasn't been polished, and the clear coat seems to be in great shape--I could see my reflection in the aluminum. They have the original manuals. He wants 10k for it. Given what I've seen, the larger Airstreams don't sell for as much as the mid-sized ones, but that does seem like a good price for such a clean trailer. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jackie
Spring Branch, Texas
jkludt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Here's a "Price vs Condition" guideline that you may find helpful. According to that, $10,000 sounds a bit high, but if everything is as clean and functional as described, I'd say it's worth it...it's certainly going to cost you more than that if you bought one for less but had to start in on the repairs, especially appliances & floor rot.

Also, the International version had some upgrades that make it more in line with the asking price than a non-International version.

You've seen it in person not just photos, right?

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #3

Currently Looking...
Spring Branch , Texas
Thanks Shari, I appreciate the quick reply. Yes, I have seen it in person. That's another good thing about it--it is 15 miles from my home.

I'll check out the site that you listed, thanks.

And I love your trailer name--"Maxwell"--it's my son's name.

Jackie
jkludt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
May actually be worth it...

Jackie-

If you read some of the sadder threads here of people who bought trailers that needed total rebuilds, it would be easy to spend more than $10K on repairs and still not have functional trailer...

If floorplan fits your needs, condition is really close to excellent, and you won't have to replace refrigerator, floor and air conditioner, as well as plumbing and wiring, I'd say spending an extra $1,000 or so is not a bad decision... At that vintage, there are really very few on market in given year, and finding a good local one even at a premium price should not be under-appreciated.

Remember, a NEW one would cost over $75,000, so at some level even $10K is a deal...

John McG

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Condoluminum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:26 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkludt
Thanks Shari, I appreciate the quick reply. Yes, I have seen it in person. That's another good thing about it--it is 15 miles from my home.

I'll check out the site that you listed, thanks.

And I love your trailer name--"Maxwell"--it's my son's name.

Jackie
I'd say go for it unless it realllly stretches your budget...especailly because it appears to be so well cared for.

Maxwell is the name of our trailer's original owner. We found his name on the owners manual. It was either Max or Clythia...

Good luck if you decide to go for it!!! Post pics as soon as you can ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:03 AM   #6
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
As one of those people doing a "Full Monty" rebuild, I'd say that price is reasonable. One thing I would do, tho, is to have the current owner hook up the shore power and demonstrate how everything works. Gas & water also. This will give you a chance to learn a little about the systems and see for yourself that they actually do work.

As others have said, the price is little high, but if everything is in as good a shape as you suggest, then it is well worth the money.

Just my 2 cents.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote