Originally Posted by Ganaraska
Sandwich floor means a layer of styrofoam glued between 2 layers of plywood. This makes an immensely strong structure. The outer layers protect the foam.
This makes a very rigid, light weight, insulated floor.
I like the sandwich floor concept but, I object to the use of plywood`!
It's time to get away from the use of plywood~ floor rot will follow you and, anyone else who ever buys this unit..We need to break this vicious cycle~
Mothership needs to be taught a lesson, so pay attention~
I saw, yet another thread, someone mentioning the use of Aluminum for the outer material bonding a rigid plastic core~! In doing some research on my own and, based upon that lead, I came across this site.
Laminators Inc. - Sign Panel Products: Alumalite Corrugated plastic core, double-sided aluminum for stability and strength
Here' what was mentioned..
Corrugated plastic core, double-sided aluminum for stability and strength
* Alumalite is ideal for paints, digital inks (both UV or solvent cured), screen print inks and pressure sensitive vinyl.
* Strong and lightweight, Alumalite is the same weight as .040 aluminum sheet metal, tipping the scales at just 25 lbs. For a 4’ x 8’ sheet, Alumalite is over 50 times stronger!
* Alumalite routs and cuts easily using standard carpentry tools.
* Wind resistant. When properly fastened between two posts, Alumalite can withstand winds over 120 mph.
* Weather resistant, Alumalite is water, sun and temperature resistant, with a “Class A” flame spread rating. The surface is formulated to resist outdoor dirt and is practically “self-cleaning.”
* The water insensitive plastic core does not require edge sealing. However, vinyl Edge Caps are available in a variety of colors to add a decorative and professional finish.
* Alumalite is a strong, aluminum composite panel with a high density, corrugated polyallomer (CPA) core that will not swell, corrode, rot, wick water, or delaminate even under prolonged water exposure.
* Factory baked polyester painted aluminum faces add high gloss brilliance and rigidity. Warranted not to crack, chip, flake or peel. Colorfast 10-year limited warranty.
* Field tested through extensive freeze/thaw cycling tests with no significant structural panel failure.
* Finished edges can be achieved with color-matched Edge Cap, a caulked edge, or simply wrap the edges with vinyl.
* Surface is protected during shipping with a protective, plastic, peel-off masking.
It shows that, yes it's possible to change product. Cost? I believe it should be included in the same cost as what is charged now..
Look..it's possible that a unit made with this flooring material, that floor rot will never be a issues again!! Isn't that what we want?? I find it hard to accept that the Mothership isn't on top of this~!?