View Poll Results: Would you be in favor of these changes??
Complete trailer frame treated with POR 15 before outer shell is attached. 19 57.58%
Complete trailer frame constructed out of Aluminum materials. 15 45.45%
Doesn't matter about the POR15 paint treatment prior to construction 2 6.06%
Doesn't matter about trailer frame Aluminum constructions 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2009, 06:21 AM   #57
Rivet Master
1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Send a message via ICQ to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Yahoo to 53flyingcloud Send a message via Skype™ to 53flyingcloud
Why not?

Originally Posted by Ganaraska View Post
Sandwich floor means a layer of styrofoam glued between 2 layers of plywood. This makes an immensely strong structure. The outer layers protect the foam.

This makes a very rigid, light weight, insulated floor.
I like the sandwich floor concept but, I object to the use of plywood`!
It's time to get away from the use of plywood~ floor rot will follow you and, anyone else who ever buys this unit..We need to break this vicious cycle~
Mothership needs to be taught a lesson, so pay attention~
I saw, yet another thread, someone mentioning the use of Aluminum for the outer material bonding a rigid plastic core~! In doing some research on my own and, based upon that lead, I came across this site.

Laminators Inc. - Sign Panel Products: Alumalite Corrugated plastic core, double-sided aluminum for stability and strength

Here' what was mentioned..
Corrugated plastic core, double-sided aluminum for stability and strength

* Alumalite is ideal for paints, digital inks (both UV or solvent cured), screen print inks and pressure sensitive vinyl.
* Strong and lightweight, Alumalite is the same weight as .040 aluminum sheet metal, tipping the scales at just 25 lbs. For a 4’ x 8’ sheet, Alumalite is over 50 times stronger!
* Alumalite routs and cuts easily using standard carpentry tools.
* Wind resistant. When properly fastened between two posts, Alumalite can withstand winds over 120 mph.
* Weather resistant, Alumalite is water, sun and temperature resistant, with a “Class A” flame spread rating. The surface is formulated to resist outdoor dirt and is practically “self-cleaning.”
* The water insensitive plastic core does not require edge sealing. However, vinyl Edge Caps are available in a variety of colors to add a decorative and professional finish.

* Alumalite is a strong, aluminum composite panel with a high density, corrugated polyallomer (CPA) core that will not swell, corrode, rot, wick water, or delaminate even under prolonged water exposure.
* Factory baked polyester painted aluminum faces add high gloss brilliance and rigidity. Warranted not to crack, chip, flake or peel. Colorfast 10-year limited warranty.
* Field tested through extensive freeze/thaw cycling tests with no significant structural panel failure.
* Finished edges can be achieved with color-matched Edge Cap, a caulked edge, or simply wrap the edges with vinyl.
* Surface is protected during shipping with a protective, plastic, peel-off masking.
It shows that, yes it's possible to change product. Cost? I believe it should be included in the same cost as what is charged now..'s possible that a unit made with this flooring material, that floor rot will never be a issues again!! Isn't that what we want?? I find it hard to accept that the Mothership isn't on top of this~!?

WBCCI 5292 AIR 807
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote