Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Boonsboro , Maryland
Another option that has worked quite well for us and has the ability to move with the trailer and can give an upscale look is cork tiles...
We laid a solid color 6" border around the perimeter and then laid a two color diagonal pattern in the field... Turned out very nice and after two years it still looks good.

mnboy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
We have a section of hardwood floor in ours (we didn't install it - it came that way). It looks great, but there are some downsides in actual use.

1. Our chairs and the table have scraped the finish off in a couple places - you have to remember the whole trailer is moving, a lot. (Ours has a dinette with two separate chairs, rather than a booth, and the table folds down. The leg of the table hitting the floor has rubbed a pretty decent spot in the floor.)
2. We track in things like sand, which can't be good for the finish.

Part of me wants to sand it down and refinish it, and put felt pads on the bottom of that table leg (I already replaced them on the chairs). The saner part of me realizes that's going to be a bunch of work.

1995 Airstream Classic 30' Excella 1000
2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab with Cummins 6.7L Diesel

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member
1967 26' Overlander
Bellevue , Nebraska
we just got a 67 Overlander. after some floor repairs ,I want to paint on a seel on the floor to water proof it , then use carpet tile/squares. that way when its looking grungy by the door, or where ever, i can switch them out.I feel this would be great for some insulation. any thoughts???

Hell Cat is offline   Reply With Quote