Old 06-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #99
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Man you guys really know how to take those trailers apart. Your photos are great.

SIU Bound

Brian

Old 06-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #100
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I did not tow the trailer to an RV shop. I decided to knuckle down and do the plumbing under the sink. I spent hours figuring it out and putting new pipe in. I am pretty sure it is complete. My goal for tomorrow is to get a couple of missing clamps on hoses, finish the outside waterline. and run a hot cold to the outside. I have the regulator installed and that should be it with the plumbing. I do need a new gas valve underneath the the trailer for the hot water heater.

I called around looking for a company to upgrade my propane tanks. I could not find an RV shop or a gas company that would do it. Ameri gas told me it would be cheaper to buy new tanks.

I installed a Fantastic fan yesterday at the aft end of the trailer. I followed Zep's pictures and instructions from his previous postings. It went in without a hitch. I took a Jig Saw and cut the collar to fit the fan.

I got an electic brake switch installed on my truck so I will be able to pull the trailer. It is getting closer to being a functional airstream.

Pictures tomorrow.

SIU Bound

Brian

Brian

Old 06-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #101
3 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Cape Coral , Florida
New gas valves

Brian...got new gas valves on my two Worthington tanks last summer at Gas, INC. on East Pike Street in Lawrenceville...worth it! George
Old 06-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #102
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Georgezink:

I went there yesterday. Somebody else recommended them to me. I went inside and spoke with the people behind the desk and they informed me that they do not do that.

I drove to downtown L,ville turned right on Crogan Street and left on pike. The company was there on the right.

SIU Bound

Brian.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #103
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Pump did not work and was very loud. I went and bought a new shurflo and it works great. You can see the pump when I was intalling it. Disregard the teflon tape hanging. I removed the scraps. I got to watch it move water. The fantastic fan works great but it can't handle 96 degree weather in Georgia. Check out the pics. I followed Zeps photo instructions putting in the fan.

SIU Bound

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pumpworks.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	61954   Click image for larger version

Name:	fan.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	61955  

Name:	fan1.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	61956  
Old 06-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #104
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Getting closer to embarking on a trip. I ran the gas line to the hotwater heater today and all the plumbing is ready to go. My wife has all the curtains complete and hanging in the airstream (Very dangerous with me around grease, glue, Vulkem). I hope I don't get anything on them. Radio is dropped and ready to be replaced.

My only immediate concern is my new Parrallax 3020 converter. I forgot to plug the converter into power and I noticed the battery starting to drain so I plugged the converter into the AC and it made all the lights dim and drained the battery. I charged the battery and tested the converter again just to see if it was a fluke and it started to drain the battery again. All the wiring looks good so I have another challenge again.

SIU bound

Brian
Old 06-12-2008, 11:44 AM   #105
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
The back end is complete on the outside, and underneath. Check out the pics. I riveted the water heater in and put the trim back. Used Vulkem and took my time. I will take the water heater door next year and have it powdercoated to match. Check out the pics. It won't let me upload the pics. I will get them later

SIU Bound

Brian
Old 06-16-2008, 01:37 PM   #106
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Posting Pics

I finally got the pics. I have two new fans in and one to go.

SIU Bound

Brian
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	back done.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	62428   Click image for larger version

Name:	water heater install.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	62430  

Name:	back done1a.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	62432  
Old 06-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #107
4 Rivet Member

SHOW OFF!!!

No, not really. It really is looking great. I was wondering what I should do with the door if I ever get to the point of putting my water heater in. Powder coating might be the answer. Maybe you will have yours done by then and I can see yours.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #108
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhord View Post
SHOW OFF!!!

No, not really. It really is looking great. I was wondering what I should do with the door if I ever get to the point of putting my water heater in. Powder coating might be the answer. Maybe you will have yours done by then and I can see yours.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
Silver spray paint??
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #109
4 Rivet Member

Actually I am hoping to use my original door in place of the new one.

Brian, have you tried that? I know there are others that have done it but I am not sure what all needs to be done. I think that you would only have to relocate the camloc latches.

Name:	IMG_1447.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	425.3 KB
ID:	62452
Old 06-16-2008, 04:02 PM   #110
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I have had the opportunity to work at a Vocational School for 14 years where I have picked up all kinds of knowledge. I wish I could take so many classes there because they are all so interesting. I eat lunch with the automotive and auto collision boys everyday. They have built race cars and it was those guys who taught me about rivets, clecos, power coat and so many other things. Powder coating is inexpensive if you shop for a good price. It will never come off, and it can withstand heat up to 450 degrees. I did my stove with powder coat and it looks brand new. They can match aluminum or any color out there. They have powder coat that looks like chrome. Most communities where I live have a business that does Powder coat.

They take the metal and put it in a machine that sand blasts it clean. Then they electically charge the metal and spray it with a dry powder paint which sticks because of the electical charge. They usually can turn your item around in a day.

I have picture in this thread which is of my powder coat stove.
SIU Bound

Brian
Old 06-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #111
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
VHord:

I thought about it and I even took the door over to the hot water heater and I said to myself Nope. I Have been starting to upgrade changes to other products. My airstream will be not orginal when I am done. I am changing out the vents/fans, painting and lights. I just want it to be a good working functional trailer. I am really excited about changing out the audio and upgrading it.

Brian
Old 06-16-2008, 07:54 PM   #112
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Have you tracked down the battery draw yet?