Old 01-20-2015, 05:03 AM   #15
CLOUDSPLITTER Phone home

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Maybe something under the laminate that shouldn't be there? Construction debris.

Try spraying some silicone around the perimeter see if it helps.

Bob

Old 01-20-2015, 05:48 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
That's not a squeak! Hoky smokes Bullwinkle!

I have a squeak on the bathroom floor that my dealer AND Jackson Center have said is right on a seam (in other words, shut up and go away :-) ). What you have should REALLY be repaired under warranty in my unprofessional and uninformed opinion. Good luck!

Old 01-20-2015, 06:27 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
We have a squeaky floor around the bed in our 2011 28' International. It's just the seams of the plywood floor rubbing together when weight is applied. If it were a house, I'd just get the floor covering up and tighten or add a couple more screws. In the Airstream, taking the floor covering up is a non-starter as getting that floor covering up and back down again is a major task as it would involve some serious dismantling.

The squeaking does get worse in the colder and damper weather, the plywood obviously expand a little, but when I get the trailer properly level on a hard surface, the squeak is barely noticeable.

I'll live with it.

"You can't tow that with that!"

http://toadsoftowedhaul.com
MrUKToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:33 AM   #18
Avion Owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
I'm still of the opinion that you have paid a LOT of money for your trailer...... it should be fixed. Being treated like a pesky fly by the dealer wouldn't "fly" in my world.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Montgomery , Texas
Paul, I agree. However, this is my third AS (not by choice, I can assure you) since August 2013. Each one has had numerous quality issues. This one is no different. I removed one of the screws on the trim today as suggested by the dealer and airstream and the squeaking completely stopped. So, that's a good deal for now. Waiting on AS to ship me three different items that were found to be defective during the initial walk though. It really does look like the increased demand has put a strain on AS's quality control. However, what also 'irks' me is that I found these items immediately upon entering the trailer the first time. It was a special order and the dealer had it for almost 2 weeks before I picked it up. Plenty of time for them to find the same items and have them repaired before I arrived. I keep hearing from others that this is just the nature of the RV business. I don't buy it! You pay almost $100,000 for a trailer, you expect far less problems than you do from one at a quarter of the price! Ad, don't even get me started on the hitch. Completely installed wrong! Again! Didn't meet any of the Blue Ox specs and even the bolts were only hand tightened on the head! Talk about dangerous! Ok...done venting. trying to decide how to proceed, if at all.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #20
Avion Owner

Vintage Kin Owner
Good Ol' , USA
Well, I'm glad you fixed that noisy floor. That would drive me bananas! Next!!!

Airstream is in some dire need of competition.

(Keep us posted on your progress... )
Old 01-20-2015, 07:46 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
ottawa (greely) , Ontario
No squeaking floor but lots of other quality issues on our 2015 16 sport.but had more problems with our 2012 flying cloud.

Don
2012 silverado ext cab 4x4 ,5.3 L , 6 speed trans,3:42 final drive,tow package standard box 6 1/2 foot . 2014 honda forza 300 scooter, #2 2015 honda crf 250 L (Dual sport)
scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Thanks so much for this thread and the accompanying video. We are looking at a 2015 27FB right now. It squeaks on either side of the bed just as loudly as it does in your video. It has made us hesitate in purchasing it. The trailer is in the climate controlled showroom with the stabilizers down. Our 2008 has no squeaks. We are worried the 27FB might be a lemon. However, after reading this thread (and posting one of my own), it seems fairly common on the longer trailers. To buy or not to buy . . .

I am thankful for all the experience on these forums.

Lisa

2008 23' Int. CCD "The Atomic Pod" https://atomicpod.wordpress.com
1973 13' Boler (fiberglass egg) "The Boiler"
WBCCI #23223 (=23 CCD)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:38 PM   #23
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
We had some squeaky floors.. put some talcum powder on it... cleared up..
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:46 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

houston , Texas
Just ran across this thread, I have a squeak and a metallic sounding pop right inside my door. Drives me bonkers. Can't quite figure out the pop, like a sheet of metal popping out (or in)

It's not outrageous, just its there
Old 03-10-2016, 12:56 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1989 32' Excella
Sharon Springs , New York
Interesting to hear comments on the newer AS units. After looking at the 2015s (or 16s) at Hershey RV show this past August, my wife and I decided to go used (too old for the retro look). We found our current unit(1st AS) for $15K and are currently refurbishing it and estimate we can replace all appliances, axles, etc. for an additional $15k. Frame checked out and the original sub-floor is 90pts out of 100. However, the rear 4' of sub-floor had been replaced by a PO and that part squeaks where the OSB butts up to the plywood repair. We plan to put sealant on the seam and put down new flooring (sky blue carpet had to go), if that doesn't work, will live with it. We talked to a 2014 AS owner and he was also unhappy with the QC issues of his unit (3rd AS). My point is that maybe a new AS isn't the way to go anymore. I think it is a lot easier to deal with "issues" if you are dealing with a much cheaper used unit(you expect them, sorta). I'm glad we bought used since most new product warranties/service is nearly worthless (played those games with other Thor RV products) and you save SOOO... much $$$. It is only new until the next model year or when you leave the lot, then it becomes un-new. We wish you much luck with your AS and I hope your dealership eventually takes care of you!!!
Travel Safe,
James and Rebecca
Old 03-10-2016, 01:10 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

houston , Texas
I totally understand the desire to buy old, fixer up, save some moola - but for me... I simply wanted to be the first person to do everything... whether that was to mess something up, hack it up, or change to be more personal or use the bathroom first. At the very least, I know everything I'm starting with is all brand new. I'm pleased that my un-new is exactly that, MY un-new. After owning a hack job of a 12 year old Class A DP.... I said NEVER AGAIN. - chasing down several different PO's hack jobs was something I hated thoroughly. But we each have own tings we enjoy... I can totally understand how someone would totally LOVE restoration. It's a fantastic hobby for those that have the skills and enjoy it.

aside from a slight squeak, everything else is perfect... I go bass fishing instead..
Old 03-10-2016, 05:45 PM   #27
Displaced Beach Bum

2016 30' International
Venice , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to beachbouy
Our 2016 International Signature as a bad floor creak in the rear. Going back to dealer next week.
We drag Mitzi a 2016 International Serenity 30, with an Equal-i-zer 1000 yanked around with a 2015 GMC Yukon XL SLT 4x4, 5.3L V8 ECOTEC3, 3.92 axle, 6-speed auto WBCCI #6111 AIR #107335

beachbouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 05:59 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbouy View Post
Our 2016 International Signature as a bad floor creak in the rear. Going back to dealer next week.
i'd be interested in what they do about it, and how they handle it.