Old 04-14-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1973 31' Sovereign
Maryville , Tennessee
Solid Vinyl Tile (SVT) Adhesive Glue ?

I have finally found and purchased some solid vinyl tiles (18"x18" SVT) --not vinyl composition tiles (VCT)-- at a local salvage store. I had originally priced same through a flooring dealer. The dealer price was $1180 for 118 sf. The salvage price was $78 for 150 sf. I just didn't get the exact color I wanted.

The flooring is by a company called "MetroFlor". The have lots of info on the net, but a I can't find a local source for adhesive. Does anyone have a recommend on an adhesive to use. I am ripping up the old self adhesive tiles (won't stay down). I will be down to raw plywood.

1. What kind of adhesive or glue should I use.

2. Should I prime, preserve or paint the plywood when I have everything up?

Trevis Gardner

trevisgardne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 08:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR

You should prime the floor with a specific bare wood primer for tile installation AFTER you fill in the gaps and rute and seams. The vinyl tile will show ALL of that eventually. I'm sure that Henry's Adhesives makes a specific glue for your tile. Home Depot carries their stuff.

Lew Farber...RVIA Certified Master Tech...ABYC Certified Master Marine Electrician
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:04 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1960 24' Tradewind
santa barbara , California
hello ,

Home depot has floor adhesives for most if not all types of floors .I recommend sheet flooring adhesive .Also they will have the proper trowl for applying it evenly ,they work great.

scottanlily is offline   Reply With Quote