Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2018, 08:04 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Lakeland , Florida
Rear hold down plate

I have removed the subfloor of my 1970 overlander and noticed the rear hold down plate (angle iron) is almost a 1/4" higher than the rear cross member below it. Since the subfloor sits on top of the hold plate it would not be level with the rest of subfloor. Am I missing something or is this normal?

Hope this makes sense?
CraigCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCam View Post
I have removed the subfloor of my 1970 overlander and noticed the rear hold down plate (angle iron) is almost a 1/4" higher than the rear cross member below it. Since the subfloor sits on top of the hold plate it would not be level with the rest of subfloor. Am I missing something or is this normal?

Hope this makes sense?
On my 74, the crossmember that the hold-down plate sits on was lower than the frame rail by the same thickness as the hold down plate. Without the hold-down plate, the subfloor would have bowed in the middle in that area.

Check where the crossmember hits the frame rail. Is it lower?
TheGreatleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 08:46 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Lakeland , Florida
Thanks

The hold down plate is level with the frame rail.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:48 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Lakeland , Florida
Error

The crossmember is level with the frame rail.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:34 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCam View Post

Hope this makes sense?
No you are not missing anything, I replaced mine so it would extend far enough to tie it into the vertical frames. I routed the bottom of the new subfloor for clearance. I also replaced mine with .063 2024 aluminum.
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote