Old 05-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
Irmo , South Carolina
"But if you count the hours ..."

Good point, Ron.
Of course, if either you or Steve were hour-counters, you wouldn't have started at all, eh?

I'm back in college following a dream (an airstream trademark, eh?) to become a virtual charter school special education teacher. Teaching special education is something I've always wanted to do, but life (raising 4 children ... and 13 others ) came first.

Hmmm ... let me do a bit of hour-counting here.
Yep ... I've been dreaming of this for more than the 42 years Ron's been alive!
Can't Wait! (same for the children who are short on experienced teachers)

This relatively new field requires travel and a home office.
What better tool than to find a dependably vintage Airstream?
Little Red One-Room Schoolhouse Goes High-Tech Silver!

So, now I know to save my dollars for a well done restoration.

I REALLY appreciate the advice, guys, and will heed it.

Hope I've not hit my question quota for newbies yet ... cuz I plan to be back to get ya'alls opinion before purchasing.

Keep an eye out for me, please!

sariahjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:45 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Cape Coral , Florida
"These "metal floor" trailers are few and far between and additionally had problems with the floor system being weak. It was an experiment that didn't pan out."

Hey...let's not dis the minuet aluminum's not weak, it's flexible...and does great with floating click flooring didn't pan out with carpet.

georgezink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:12 PM   #17
1973 27' Overlander
Stockbridge , Georgia
Send a message via ICQ to 73Airstream Send a message via AIM to 73Airstream Send a message via Yahoo to 73Airstream
Since I posted my question about the floor rot problem I have been busy. Jim (whom I met on this forum) visited me and gave me very helpful information and help. I have replaced all the rotten flooring with new and during the course of this work I discovered that once you start it is not so bad as you thought it would be. No special tools were needed and I will post some pictures shortly.

Airstream 73

73Airstream is offline   Reply With Quote