Old 05-28-2012, 07:12 AM   #15
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Yeah, Jason just asked me this earlier -- I suppose I could -- it's really no different than what Andy does in one of his threads. I can say there's no secret sauce or anything, just don't want to hear the gripes and negative comments usually associated with any fix that doesn't involve tearing out the entire bathroom to replace the floor -- I'm just not interested in a pissing match, I suppose

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): http://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: http://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #16
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by exthemius View Post
Yeah, Jason just asked me this earlier -- I suppose I could -- it's really no different than what Andy does in one of his threads. I can say there's no secret sauce or anything, just don't want to hear the gripes and negative comments usually associated with any fix that doesn't involve tearing out the entire bathroom to replace the floor -- I'm just not interested in a pissing match, I suppose
I would be interested in seeing what you did, I chose to tear out the bathroom, along with the entire interior . I am upgrading plumbing, and with the extensive amount of welding that is going to be required wanted as much access as possible.

Just because some one does something a different way doesn't mean it is right or wrong, as long as the end results are acceptable.

Aaron

WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #17

1968 26' Overlander
Bainbridge Island , Washington
Me too please!

Quote:
I can appreciate your point. Lots of opinions out there and the talent of expressing them tactfully is lost on a few folks. Can you please share the info with me as well? Thanks!
Old 06-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
Quote:
I'm getting ready to do the same job, and like you, I don't have the time right now to do a full floor job. I just want my frame back in place ! Any info you could provide would be great!!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #19
1 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Pueblo County , Colorado
rear end fix info

Hi Shawn:

Would you please pm me the info on what the tech did to fix the rear separation on your airstream ?

Thanks, Michael
Old 10-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
1960 26' Overlander
Mount Vernon , Washington
here is what I ended up doing to reattach. without gutting it.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f36/...tml#post622064
Old 10-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1990 34' Excella
1990 29' Land Yacht
Vintage Kin Owner
Americus , Also Valrico, Fl
HAVING REPAIRED / PATCHED SEVERAL REAR FLOORS / AS WELL AS BY THE DOORS...Airstream built in problems probably not knowing these last a long, long time. 1) Gotta keep water out. Caulk where the banana wrap is over the side skin, and caulk any trim in same area that hides the seam. Imagine how much water runs down the side of a Airstream in a heavy rain and the aged / failed caulk lets water in under the floor, wet insulation and wood = problem. 2) In the rear I'm going to try to modify or eliminate the storage area at the rear bumper or make is "non water catching" Such as bring the belly pan up at the rear of the shell and seal off that area from water intrusion. May replace the storage area floor with a good grade of metal or plastic mesh which would let the water run right to the ground below. 3) Tour the belly and caulk / patch all un wanted holes. There is inherent problems at the steps and axle areas where gaps are mandatory. Not sure what will be done there. I cant imagine the conditions in the basement of an Airstream when towing in hard rain. Some areas should probably be sealed off to allow water where it cant be kept out and add drain holes to let it out. Best to All....
Old 07-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1969 29' Ambassador
brooksville , Florida
Well I was taking the remains of the Old parts to the land fill, and found this righting on the black tank. Thought it was pretty cool. It was written at least 4 years before I was born.

.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1405486711.975972.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	758.6 KB
ID:	216440

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 10-08-2016, 12:38 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
NEW HARTFORD , Connecticut
Rear end fix?

Quote:
I just sent you a PM with what our A/S tech did to fix ours. Please let me know if you need anymore information.
Could you pm me as well? Thanks.