Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2008, 11:09 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
salem , Oregon
I like the redwood idea. That is the one thing I have not quite resolved. I have a framed carpet for them to scratch on, but it is not secured. That won't work. Can you give me a little more detail on how big and how you secured it?
Yes, they are so smart. I actually sat down and had a discussion with them yesterday. One especially I had to tell not to bolt out the door. It is essential he behave. Honestly, he is now the model citizen, sitting politely as I leave and enter. I know I will have to watch for that rebellious moment, but at least he is not by the door waiting to bolt.
BeccaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:07 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
"i want more kittens!" lol (tv commercial)

get a fine tooth flea comb, they do a great job of gently pulling loose hair.

if you can get one cat to scratch in the right place, the others will follow so as not to be left out ;-)

four cats and only two eyes eh? i'd put bells on them so you can track them with eyes and ears. i had to do that with one of mine as she was soooo fast and quiet too!
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:38 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
can't resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by richinny
training? the cats already know how to scratch!

don't let them watch these videos!

glumbert - Cats Go Crazy

glumbert - Engineer's Guide to Cats

Cat Wake-up Call | Cartoons & Comics | Funny Videos, Pictures and Jokes at

JibJab
Another cat video, sorry, couldn't resist these silly cats (and friends)

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:40 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSue
Ok, cat residence began yesterday. I was not prepared, but am winging it. First, a major de-cluttering!! I just moved out of my house (and sold it 2 days on the market) and seem to have kept too much out of storage. Both of my vehicles have become rolling storage units. So first thing this morning after our first night together (remember this is 4, yes 4!!! cats) was hauling everything possible out of the trailer. We need a clear path to clean, walk and play. The cover ideas for the walls just went to the wayside. I figure it will be easier to redo the walls after the event is over. So I broke down the kitchen booth and made it into the cat palace. I leave the windows open so they can watch the world go by, and are content there. I put several "lamb's wool" beds down for them to claim and put one litter box underneath the booth. Another litter box is in the bathroom. I have a wood floor and so far it is easy to clean, dust, and sweep. I am using covered litter boxes because the boys seem stand inside and miss the box. One more thing... I am putting oil cloth underneath the litter boxes, and then those hospital type water proof mats on top of the oil cloth. When there is an accident, I can just pull out the mat and replace with a new one.
Everyone is enjoying lots of brushing, in fact, fighting over who gets the grooming. I bought a wonderful comb that really pulls the loose fur out, and should help with the shedding. It is going to be some work in close quarters, but just a way to keep the family together until the next life leap.
Oh, one fellow seems to love finding his way into every secret cove in the trailer. I opened the kitchen cabinet and he came pealing out of there after a brief confinement. He loves making his way into the storage under the double bed and hiding.
Thanks for all your ideas, but soon, I will be the expert! (if we survive)
Again, I will get some pictures on line soon.
becca
Love the oil cloth idea, was looking for something to put dopwn under the litter box so litter wouldn't get into the shower drain and that sounds perfect. Where do you get the hospital type mats?

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:28 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
salem , Oregon
You can buy those mats at the drug store, or probably any big chain with pharmacy supplies. Yes, the oil cloth is great... doesn't slip, not too expensive, toss it and replace when needed.
b
BeccaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1999 25' Excella
Bemidji , Minnesota
All good ideas!

Quote "he's too smart, he pushes the slider open while standing on the ZipDee chair credenza."

When our Ki learned how to open the slider with her paw and nose, we "modified" a wooden skewer to be narrow enough to just slip into the metal track the slider goes on.... it let's the slide open about 2 inches and so far it's worked like a charm!

Edee