Old 06-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1974 Argosy 28
Port Charlotte , Florida
Por 15

Im sure this has been asked before. I have a 28 foot argosy and im ready to put por 15 on the frame. Should i buy a quart or gallon?

dausy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
If you get a gallon you can be sure to get it all over yourself. Just kidding but when I have read these threads that seems to be the biggest complaint. I haven't done it so I don't know but a gallon seems to me to be too much.

Al and Jean

BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
a quart will be plenty. It goes a long way. If you can spray it, it goes on great!
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
Rivet Master
1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
A couple quarts and transfer the rest to dry glass jars if you won't be using it. Best prices I have found are on ebay. It depends on the condition of your frame. If your frame is rusted bad it may take more than 2 quarts. If it is not bad it may take a quart. You want at least two coats in rusted areas. If you let the can stay open long any moisture will make it get hard. Also the can lid won't come off once it came off once. You can always use the old style can opener or screw driver to puncture the paint can lid or a metal lid to a glass jar.

perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Saline , Michigan
I just used 2 qts on our 22 ft. FC... I would say 3 qts. minimum, that allows two good coats. Be forewarned DO NOT get it on you, and if you do IMMEDIATELY clean off (I used acetone). A couple of tips--apply a good coat of your wifes hand cream on all parts of your exposed (and yes it will bleed through your clothes onto your covered) and unexposed skin. Use lots of gloves on your hands. It takes about 2 to 3 weeks of scrub/sand/scrape, wear to get it off. 'YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!"
goshawks00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:11 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member
1974 Argosy 28
Port Charlotte , Florida
Its ordered

thank you guys for all the tips and i will definitely heed you warnings. I dont want that stuff on me for three weeks. YIKES!!! Gloves are at the top of the list. Thx again cant wait for it to get here.

dausy is offline   Reply With Quote