Old 12-31-2006, 09:00 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member
1958 18' "Footer"
Idyllwild , California
Get a sample of the Pergo Laminate and take a good look at how it is manufactured. My guess is that after you see the cardboard core you will choose another material for that area.

prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:01 AM   #16
Rivet Master
1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
sheet vinyl

hi- my advice would be to use sheet vinyl, as pergo is NOT recommended for consistently wet areas (the bathroom is the most likely area to spring some kind of leak), and using stick-down "tiles" also creates the problem of having lots of little joints for water to seep down into. Having said that, pergo will work just fine as long as you NEVER have any water standing on it long enough to soak down into the joints. I have pergo in most of my trailer, (not the bath), and realize that if there is ever a leak that creates standing water, it will be ruined, the same risk you run in your house. It's all a compromise of some sort, beauty versus utility- best of luck and have fun!

tphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:07 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Not all laminates are the same. I had to rip up Pergo in the kitchen, after a leak in the refrigurator ice maker got water on the floor over night. The glue used also makes a difference in sealing the seams. I would not put down anything the supplier does not guarentee to be completely waterproof.

dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote