Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Jay , Maine
Oooppps

Still in the process of refurbishing the trailer and I removed the center inside skin, top and middle inside skin. Still yet to remove bottom skin and took insulation out.
My question is that I was just reading that I was suppose to jack and level the trailer before doing this????
It does sit on level ground, and was leveled front to back. I am also replacing the floor and would jack up the rear when I get ready to do the floor pieces to avoid it dropping but is it really needed for the rest of it??
Viper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #2
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
Hmmmm, I'm no expert but I'm going to remove all of my interior skins and belly pan and then...gasp... take the trailer back on the road to Colin Hyde's for the floor replacement. It certainly isn't going to be level in the meantime! I think you really want it level and perfect when you remove the shell and replace the shell back on but otherwise it's okay.
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Jay , Maine
oopps

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
Hmmmm, I'm no expert but I'm going to remove all of my interior skins and belly pan and then...gasp... take the trailer back on the road to Colin Hyde's for the floor replacement. It certainly isn't going to be level in the meantime! I think you really want it level and perfect when you remove the shell and replace the shell back on but otherwise it's okay.
Im doing the floor replacement with full shell on and have to date put in 4 out of 7 sheets by removing the bottom Inside skin, pan in butt this way.

When I peaked under the middle panel it smelled and I could see where mice have made tunnels. so im gutting all panels to replace with new insulation after im done checking frame, coating with POR and replacing the floor.
I would think since its not a shell off removal, I wouldnt have an issue with it fully level every where but just front to back is fine.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:50 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Jay , Maine
Shelly:
I forgot to mention I am origanlly from NH. Lived in and around Dunbarton, Goffstown and Manchester.
If you need a hand or more advice feel free to email me. Your lucky you have so much help, Im solo doing this. LOLOL
GOOD LUCK
Old 05-24-2011, 07:30 AM   #5
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
Hey cool! Thanks for the offer, there aren't many Airstreamers around here. It's true I have help, but at least when you do it on your own you can set your schedule. I'm Looking at at a six month (at least) delay while I wait my turn at Colin's...
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote