Old 08-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Hilliard , Ohio
Hi. It's holding up fine. Not shifting. Shortly after install in April we still had some freezing weather. There is one butt joint that separated slightly... oddly a piece that is only about 18" long, but it runs into my carpet transition strip so I can easily correct it when I get a chance. I might not have locked it fully. So that one gap where I didn't expect it and no gaps where I did expect it. But still, the rest is fine and the true test will be this next winter. I'm not certain it would stay together as well as a glued seam, but again that was my tradeoff for the ability to dismantle all or part of it if necessary.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1999 25' Safari
On , the road
I think we have decided to go with the Expresso Oak in the Ultra line. We were having a hard time coming up with something that looks good against the rest of the fake oak in our Safari.

The click seam does concern me, but only way to find out is to try.

Thanks

Old 03-02-2014, 07:21 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1986 27' Sovereign
Nixa , Missouri
Jeff,

Its been almost 3 years now with the Allure. Hows it holding up at this point and can you give anymore thoughts on it?

Barry
Old 03-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Hilliard , Ohio
Hey there. Wow, how time flies. Since the last update the severe cold caused more separation as I feared. I wanted to keep the flooring because it looked so good, so the following spring I dismantled and reassembled using a drop of super glue about every 6 inches. I had nothing to lose at that point and only took an hour. Since then its held together perfectly through (almost) 2 winters. Not quite the ideal journey but I'm happy with the result. I wouldn't recommend this flooring to most. While I can't say exactly, I'd guess the thermal contraction starts overcoming the joints somewhere around 45 degrees. Love to hear how the glued joints work out for others in cold climates.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:03 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

1986 27' Sovereign
Nixa , Missouri
Jeff,

Thanks for the info. So do you think the added drops of super glue is the way to go? Mine has 12" by 12" peel and stick tiles from the PO and many of them had shifted around. I'm guessing its heat related movement. I would worry that the Allure with gripstrip would shift as well and was planning to use the Allure with the interlocking feature.

Barry
Old 03-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Hilliard , Ohio
Well, its a bandaid for my situation that appears to be working for now. As someone pointed out earlier its not a huge investment so I'm happy for now and not a big deal to me to change it in the future if I need to. Really do like the looks of it though.

Tags
squeak