Almost ready to start trying to put in the new floor pieces. I got the grey and black tanks out yesterday with a bit of effort and a lot of head scratching. Now I just need to peel off the inside skins. I don't think I'll remove them completely, just going to cut out the bottom 12". It will all be contained in the closet and behind the new vanity so pulling entire skins in back isn't necessary. I think I'll switch my plumbing over to pex while everything is open. I can also add a bypass to my hotwater heater. Makes you wonder why Airstream wouldn't put in bypass, 3 valves and 3" of pipe would make winterizing a whole lot easier.
This might be a first, when pulling my grey tank, I noticed there was still about 2 or 3 gallons of water in it. VERY stinky water. Grey water doesn't usually smell that nice but it really shouldn't make you gag. I removed tank very carefully to be sure I didn't spill any on the shop floor and dragged it outside and away from the shop. I dumped it out on the grass and the stink became obvious. There was a dead weasel on the ground. How he got in the tank and how long he had been there is a mystery. I had noticed a bit of a bad odor from the shower pan when I was winterizing about a month or so ago so he was probably in there then. A lucky thing the tanks were coming out, that would have been a nasty surprise next summer.