Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
Vancouver , British Columbia
New subfloor pics, needed desperately

Hi guys

I am getting ready to cut my new subfloor but since my old one was destroyed by rot I'm hoping someone has some pics kicking around of theirs when it was done.

I am needing to see how the original was cut so I can tell my carpenter where to link the pieces. I have a general idea but need to look at pics so I can be assured he's going to cut it right

Thanks!!
Stupidnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
Tool Hoarder

Currently Looking...
West , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupidnoob View Post
Hi guys

I am getting ready to cut my new subfloor but since my old one was destroyed by rot I'm hoping someone has some pics kicking around of theirs when it was done.

I am needing to see how the original was cut so I can tell my carpenter where to link the pieces. I have a general idea but need to look at pics so I can be assured he's going to cut it right

Thanks!!
Which section are you talking about?
marzboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:44 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2015 16' Sport
Syracuse , New York
Subfloor pics

I just put a new subfloor on my '63 Globetrotter chassis. I did it a little differently but it's pretty straight forward. the original is just 4 4x8 sheets all oriented with long dimension sideways. Each seam falls on a cross.member.

I didn't like how that worked out around the wheel wells so I turned the middle sheets so the long dimension was along the trailer long axis. Here's a photo that sort of show that.

Matt
mhutchinson is offline   Reply With Quote