Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2014, 10:04 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Auburn , Alabama
Length of new subfloor

Need some help! Installing new Nyloboard subfloor tomorrow in my '67 22' safari. I made the critical error of not measuring the length of the existing subfloor before demolition.

Can anyone help with this???

I know its close to 19' but would love some exact dimensions if anyone had any. ( she'll is currently suspended in the air and I cannot try accurate measurements due to flex.).

Thanks got the help!
Tentmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1969 29' Ambassador
Rutledge , Georgia
I cannot help with the length but live about 15 minutes from the NyloBoard factory. Are you going back with 8 foot sheets across like the original plywood? The reason I ask is I was thinking about using 2 4'x30' sheets and running them long ways. I know their site that you can get lengths up to 24 feet. I am hoping to pick them up directly from the factory and possibley get 30' sheets.
jcawley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Auburn , Alabama
I like the nylo product. Just installed it today in what I think us the right length. Word of caution. Completely cover your skin when cutting. Used a router on the splice pieces to reduce thickness to 1/2" over the "short joist" bearing conditions. My splices were formed from the drops of my 4x8 pieces. I'll screw the nylo together at the splice like they did with the original pwood

Routing the material is a great solution but I didn't wear gloves and 2 days later I've still got fiberglass in my hands.

If you can get 1 piece I would do it. Have to figure out how to fur up the short joists though. I'm did the install by myself so I needed the 4x8 so I could work with it.

Take lots of measurement and pictures before you cut the pwood out.
Tentmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1969 29' Ambassador
Rutledge , Georgia
Nylo

I made a paper template before taking our the floor so I should be able to use it. Spent the weekend sandblasting the frame only to find that there is not enough good metal to "repair". Looks like the nylo will be taking a back seat while I get a frame made.
jcawley1 is offline   Reply With Quote