Originally Posted by Stefrobrts
I'm surprised you were able to remove the floor in such large sections. I was thinking I would have to cut mine into smaller pieces than that. How did you cut through the bolts in the channel?
I'm really feeling chicken about digging in and cutting wood, but I'm eager to get this thing done. For one thing I'd like to have my garage back!
The edges were rotten which made it come out easier, some of the bolts I was able to unbolt,(after hosing it down with Kroil) one of the main bolts was missing
the others I cut off using a dremel tool with a cutting disc. Note: buy a bunch of discs!
The main bolt that was missing had sheared at the channel level and the remainder had to be drilled then punched out. I am replacing all the removed bolts with stainless steel ones. I am not sure about your unit but mine has a splice plate at the first joint in the plywood. Fortunately the factory did a crappy job with the glue so that came apart pretty easily. I will see if I can get some better detail pictures up in the next couple of weeks. I am using a high grade wood glue when I put my splice plates back in along with ss screws.