Old 07-11-2004, 01:44 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Fort Myers , Florida
Send a message via AIM to JeepinAudiophile Send a message via Yahoo to JeepinAudiophile
foam under plywood flooring?

I have not heard any mention of foam under the plywood flooring in am going to replace... i just got finished with the inner skin, and both inner-shells. I was taking a look at a soft spot on the floor and started picking at it. There appears to be some kind of foam under the plywood. It may only be where i happened to poke, but i do not know as of yet. I anyone knows what i am talking about i would appreciate it if someone would chime in and let me know what it is, and if i'm going to need to replace the mystery layer of foam as well as the plywood. Thanks for all the info i'm sure to get, Chad.

WBCCI # 13657
++Take a look at my restoration photo album++
http://picasaweb.google.com/ChadsAirstream
JeepinAudiophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 02:00 PM   #2
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinAudiophile
I have not heard any mention of foam under the plywood flooring in am going to replace... i just got finished with the inner skin, and both inner-shells. I was taking a look at a soft spot on the floor and started picking at it. There appears to be some kind of foam under the plywood. It may only be where i happened to poke, but i do not know as of yet. I anyone knows what i am talking about i would appreciate it if someone would chime in and let me know what it is, and if i'm going to need to replace the mystery layer of foam as well as the plywood. Thanks for all the info i'm sure to get, Chad.
On some trailers, there appears to be a layer of insulation under the floor, and a layer of aluminum skin just under that. It is usually in the front of the trailerm centered. It is for when the belly pan is cut open in that location for placement of the spare tire. Not all trailers have it, and I haven't seen the insulation anywhere but in that spot.
Terry

Old 07-11-2004, 02:02 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Fort Myers , Florida
Send a message via AIM to JeepinAudiophile Send a message via Yahoo to JeepinAudiophile
Thank You for the quick reply, looks like that is one question answered...now i guess it's time to get back to working on it. Thanks again, happy trails- Chad

WBCCI # 13657
Old 07-12-2004, 09:44 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Fort Myers , Florida
Just to clear it up... It ended up being that spray-in foam insulation stuff. At some point it was sprayed up onto the bottom of the plywood. I'm not sure if this is some thing done at the factory, but it also had some panel work before i received it. Maybe the belly was dropped then and sprayed to prevent any more water damage on the plywood?

WBCCI # 13657