Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #15
Airstream Newby
1975 25' Tradewind
Florence , South Carolina
Hey ricklovesjes, you seem to be in the same place I am. I want my '75 to be usable, but I am not interested in getting myself into a full on restoration. I find out tomorrow if my summer of camping is salvageable or if the back part of my frame (under the rear bathroom) is too far gone. Good luck with it all.

CMSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #16
4 Rivet Member
1974 23' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
1947 25' Spartan , Manor
Cutting out chunks of the floor will fix that problem, but won't give you a good look at a bigger potential issue...the frame. If it has been very wet under the floor you may have rust issues, which, if serious, can cause damage to the frame or even cause it to break.
It might be worth pulling back a bit of the belly pan here and there to get a look at what damage that water has done. One of the reasons separation happens is because the bolts that hold the shell to the floor rust or rot out....
This is more work though, but it would make me feel better to know how the frame looked if it was my trailer...

Eric H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member
1977 25' Caravanner
Lake Havasu City , Arizona
I'm at a similar point ...Check out my post from today Pack Rats #2 I cut the plywood on the center of the frame rails and then I can just screw the new plywood into the frame. On the other side where there is no frame rail I will glue and screw in a 4in wide cleat under the existing floor to screw the new plywood to

tee3411 is offline   Reply With Quote