Old 01-15-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
1972 31' Sovereign
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
about me

I am a retired machinst, but am still gamefully involved as a commercial salmon fisherman of the west coast of vancouver island in British Columbia, Canada. We live in a small town on the east coast of the island called Qualicum Beach , which is a very nice community with no fast food restraunts, and a large portion of retireies. I acquired my Airstream from a fellow in Vancouver, Canada, and have just started to restore it, but plan to make a completely new custom interror. So far all I have had a chance to do is strip the inside to discover that the floors at the back of the trailer are rotten and I have come to this website seeking some help as to the right way to fix the exterio and interio. I do have a book that I got with the trailer but unfortunatly it had gotten wet and a lot of the pages are stuck together. I'm looking forward to chatting with some of you on how to go about fixing some of these problems!

merle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 05:47 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Welcome! Machinist eh? Nice, was one for 20 odd years! Anyway, we are doing a floor section removal on a 31' Take a look what we did.
Also had to remove a section of the rear on my 25'

Good luck!

'74 Overlander (T-O-Bee)
'46 Spartan Manor (Rosie)
'54 Cruiser (Bogart)
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
Welcome aboard...

I suggest that you become familiar with the search feature at the top of the page. You can find a huge amount of information here in the forums about almost everything imaginable on AS restoration. Type in key words and see what you find.

For floor rplacement you could check out the following thread where I describe in detail what I did to replace my floor with a non-plywood alternative called Polyboard.

Keep asking the questions as they come up too. Someone will usually pipe up with an answer. You can also send a private message to any member if you want more details about what they are talking about. Just click on their name next to a posting with your left mouse button and select the "Send a private message to..." menu item.

Have fun with your restoration. Also I highly recommend that you take lots of pictures.

malconium is offline   Reply With Quote