Old 10-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Floor Damage

Still working on finding out what is leaking and causing floor damage on my 2006 19' Bambi. I have reached a point that I want to turn this challenge over to the pro's (seems to be a lot of damaged/rotted area beyond my capabilities). I would prefer one located in southeast Virginia/northeast North Carolina area that is reputable and reasonable, and can do the pressurization test.There is the Airstream dealer up near Fredrickburg, Va, on 95 that I will turn to if nothing else located. Know a good one? Thanks

Old 10-20-2015, 09:12 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Aldie , Virginia
I would recommend "Out of Doors Mart" in Colfax, NC over Safford for service any day - their reputation is quite good among most owners I know in the area. I believe some of their service staff are active on the forums. My personal experience at Safford (Fredericksburg) is the (new(-ish)) sales staff are quite good and knowledgable but their service department is playing catch-up still. If you find a negative pressure test capability in the area, post it please -- I suspect OODM may be able to handle it, but can't remember off the top of my head.

Ian

Old 10-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Many thanks to ya. Going to call right now. I had heard about them sometime ago, but couldn't remember good or bad. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:53 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Anaheim , California
Sorry to hear about your floor rot. I went through the same problem with my 2006 Bambi, turned out there was a leak from the fresh water overflow line that would leak down the wall and under the linoleum so there was never any visible water but it sure made quick work of the floor. Had to remove the table and seats and replace the entire deck on the front end, but it's been rock solid since then. Best of luck with your repairs.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:31 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnco View Post
Sorry to hear about your floor rot. I went through the same problem with my 2006 Bambi, turned out there was a leak from the fresh water overflow line that would leak down the wall and under the linoleum so there was never any visible water but it sure made quick work of the floor. Had to remove the table and seats and replace the entire deck on the front end, but it's been rock solid since then. Best of luck with your repairs.

You described first leak that traveled from the overflow, across to just beside the door. That area floor rot was about 12x12". I could not find any other problem, thus I repaired that section only. This one now was found when I hosed off the refrigerator back from the outside, and water ran into the cabin. I was checking to see where leaking and found more rot in front of refrig. What's puzzling to me is the fact I put down new floor tiles last year and all appeared fine.

I just called "Out of Door Mart" North Carolina, and they can do, however they cannot do pressure testing and are a few hours away. Will wait to see if I get any more suggestion. Thanks for your reply.

« Soft Floor | Top | Pmoore »