Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2006, 08:43 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Not sure about the size of these photos, except the first. This is the floor we put in our Argosy, the main thing I found out is don't use the thin padding that usually comes with the flooring, get the best you can find, I got mine from Home Depot it is red with white dots.
Attached Images

WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #42
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycampers
Not sure about the size of these photos, except the first. This is the floor we put in our Argosy, the main thing I found out is don't use the thin padding that usually comes with the flooring, get the best you can find, I got mine from Home Depot it is red with white dots.
That's a beautiful floor! Do I understand right that this is a laminate? What size are the planks? Brand and purchase location?
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:46 PM   #43
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
Joseph , Oregon
We have purchesded laminet flooring for our A/S and will be laying it length wise. It is a floating floor so when you lay it down I would say anything that is permanent should have the floor cut around it to let it float. There will also be a 1/4 inch expansion around the walls and any cabinets. This will be covered with some type of trim when done.
The flooring we purchased is 7mm (1/4 in) thick.

Larry and Nicole
trea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Great Pumpkin, Yes it is a laminate, the sheets are 2ft. by 4ft. the make is Armstrong so any Armstrong dealer can get it. It is a little pricey at $5.99 Canadian per square ft. We have sold that trailer but are going to put the same floor in our 30 ft. Argosy. It holds up really well even with 2 dogs. I left a cut piece outside for 1 1/2 years and it didn't warp or fade. The dealer was so impressed he has a picture of the floor and a piece of the floor I left outside. That isn't a real good picture, it really looks like slate. If you want more info or some better pictures pm me. Marvin
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 05:58 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
as for floating, I put the laiminate under my gaucho and then screwed it back down. So the floating is not happening under it anyway. So far no problems, and the weather here has varied from 95 degrees to the upper 20's last week, no ill effects. The rest of it may be "floating" to some extent, but the quarter round trim is nailed down on the sides. I had a similiar thing with the cork in my moho, and that never buckled at all, and was glued in several areas..
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote