Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Anaheim , California
Sorry to be the bearer of unfavorable theories, but I have the same model as you and suffered the same symptoms as you and discovered that the fill hose to the water tank had been leaking for two years undetected. The water would run down the wall and get between the flooring and the subfloor and completely rotted out the subfloor. Unfortunately, this discovery was made 10 months out of warranty and the mothership refused to have anyting to do with the repair . The good news is the repair was fairly straight forward, the good folks at C & G in Bellflower were as gentle as they could be with pricing and the workmanship was top rate. A word of warning to all Bambi owners, keep checking the connectors of the fill line and the overflow line to the fresh water tank for leaking. Best to check after a long tow as the water has been sloshing about.
Johnco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Henderson , Nevada
Wow. I am not at the trailer so can't visualize where I could check for this leak. Under the seat where the tank is at?
rmax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari
Anaheim , California
Correct. Once you get access to the tank you want to check the hoses coming from the wall where they connect to the tank. There is a fill line and an overflow/vent line. Run your finger around where they connect to the tank and the wall and check for moisture. After my repair I was checking every trip, now maybe once a month.
Johnco is offline   Reply With Quote