Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-11-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Exeter , California
Cross Section of Walls to frame?

Anybody have a good detail showing how the Trailer attaches to the frame? I am trying to get my head around my 1961 30ft project that has absolutly every problem but floor rot, go figure! Seems like everybody get floor rot.
Does the shell part sit on top of the plywodd then on the frame? But I see guys fixing floors without removing the shells?

I really like the trailer- seems to have lots of character but needs bunch of work. It will no doubt be a "retomod" when completed.

Thanks
big-boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Plywood sits on the frame ,connecting to it,then the channel attaches on plywood,on my 63 the channel attached thru the floor to each out rigger. People who are replacing floor with frame on,are sliding under the channel so it can be secured down. Dave
easyride is offline   Reply With Quote