Old 07-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2002 22' International
Austin , Texas
I decided to take my trailer to Jackson Center because the local guys were saying that if any piece of furniture was damaged when they tried to remove it, then I would have to pay for that. The shower closet for instance is difficult. Jackson Center did not say that. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f456...tml#post767947.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Morrilton , Arkansas
We got a quote from Jackson Center on the eventual full floor replacement our 1992 Excella 29' will need. It was 7,000. For now, we replaced the rear portion. But someday we'd like a whole new floor to maintain structural integrity when she's 25 years old or so.

Meantime, we're just enjoying using our wonderful Excella.

We're about to become full time or most time gypsies - so size would be the only reason we may get another rig.

I thought the Jackson Center quote was pretty reasonable considering we'd have a good as new trailer.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide. Horrifying that a 2002 needs a floor replacement. You do have to seal incessantly and watch closely for plumbing leaks! Especially if OSB was used.

"Besides, I'm a gypsy at heart
and I like to travel around."
Reba McEntire

LawChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
It took me one day to remove the guts. One day to do the floor... 3/4 day to put it back together. I didn't take out the galley or shower, which would take at least 2 more days, and probably destroy the shower and plumbing in the process... just try get at your bathroom sink taps...
Through the left side of the kitchen cabinet! Next to the sink. Access panel!

And on this topic - It appears that the OSB (crap) floor and the weak frame work together to spoil one of the best overall livable designs for a smallish trailer.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:55 AM   #18
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
2007 Base Camp
Elk Valley , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
Through the left side of the kitchen cabinet! Next to the sink. Access panel!

And on this topic - It appears that the OSB (crap) floor and the weak frame work together to spoil one of the best overall livable designs for a smallish trailer.
Oh, I know... just try get your head in there and reach up to either remove the bathroom sink or tighten the faucet connections. I had to remove the kitchen sink, and build a small ramp so I could lay on my back... THEN, I had to remove and install those stupid clips that hold the bathroom sink in with one hand (that's all that fits).

Why? Because an 'authorized Airstream dealer' replaced the bathroom tap and used teflon tape on a plastic to plastic fitting - which made it leak. Ever wonder why they specifically say 'don't use teflon tape on plastic to plastic fittings'? I guess these bozos never either...

The only reason I found it, is the hot water STILL wasn't working in the bathroom, which turned out to be a blockage in the line... they replaced the faucet, probably tested it for 3 seconds, and called it a day. So... I had to stuff my car warmer in that little hole to dry it all out before putting both sinks back in.

I have a little Airstream voodoo trailer that I throw marbles at and put dents in... curse you Airstream...

I agree though... love the layout... wish I could find something else good to say right now...
Old 07-28-2012, 02:25 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I am left-handed and double jointed. Really. I forget the combo can be a natural advantage in the wierdest situations.