Old 11-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #29
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
The big problem I found was expansion and contraction rate with plastic based materials. If you have ever seen a Trex deck on a very hot day after being installed in early spring without allowances for expansion, and you would know what I mean.

The Coosa board I have talked about in earlier postings is enert and stable. It will not cause problems due to temp or moisture.

The link below will put you in contact with a marina/boat shop in Meaford that regularly ships in Coosa from Nova Scotia. The shop didn't even charge me shipping on the sheets as they just tacked on my order of Coosa onto their own. Seriously it is the only way to go with no headaches.

Cliff Richardson Boats Ltd.

Cheers
Tony

Old 11-29-2014, 02:06 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1960 33' Custom
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
I like the Coosa samples I received a while back but I'm looking forward to checking out some MONOPAN samples when they get here. Thermal expansion is my only real concern right now. On the upside it's well used already in campers and trucking, has available fastening systems and they are happy to send me one sheet for my project, 8' 2" wide and 30' long. I can use the cut offs to make the wheel well boxes and have it all sealed up :-)

I forgot to mention it's insanely light too.

Old 11-29-2014, 10:45 PM   #31
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckasaurus View Post
I like the Coosa samples I received a while back but I'm looking forward to checking out some MONOPAN samples when they get here. Thermal expansion is my only real concern right now. On the upside it's well used already in campers and trucking, has available fastening systems and they are happy to send me one sheet for my project, 8' 2" wide and 30' long. I can use the cut offs to make the wheel well boxes and have it all sealed up :-)

I forgot to mention it's insanely light too.
Very cool stuff. I have two concerns though.....flamability and attachment strength (will it hold a screw and or adhesive)? It will be interesting to find out your observations compared to Coosa.

Cheers
Tony
Old 12-01-2014, 07:18 PM   #32
flygrrl

1962 19' Globetrotter
Winchester , Ontario
Thanks for the link Isuzusweet, Meaford is kinda far away so I am going to do some asking around at the marinas in Kingston and along the St. Lawrence. I am also checking with an industrial sign company for the expansion/contraction specs on Densilite XP. Boat builders and trucking fleets use it for flooring so I am hoping it will be within necessary specs.
flygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 02:48 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

1960 26' Overlander
In the North , FRANCE
Hello everybody,

Thread interresting... I'm looking too the best subfloor...

If the aluminium sheets under the chassis are in good condition, without water leak, the rockwool under the wood-floor isn't sufficient ?

I've heard it was a good idea to create a ventilation system under the floor... is it right ?

Thank you
Old 01-04-2015, 04:14 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member

1957 22' Flying Cloud
Mississauga , Ontario
Hello! I've just purchased 5 sheets of 3/4" densolite plastic last week. It's been used for flooring, walls, gates and almost every use imaginable according to the guys at polyzone in St. Catherine's Ontario. It's pretty strong and they say it does not expand and contract. I'm going to have to add more trailer frame reinforcement to make the gaps smaller to prevent the plastic from sagging just incase. I hope to have it installed in a few weeks after I get my rear sag fixed