Old 03-22-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
Cambridge , Wisconsin
Bad Floor

I'm new at posting and Airstreams so bear with me. Last yr bought a 2007 Safari 27fb. Looks like it spent most of its life in Az. and Tx.
this winter in Wisconsin caused the flooring to buckle and also the bathroom door. The floor was well used already, but I'm hoping the subfloor(?) is ok.How bad a job is it ? Pros only? Thanks

LINDAMART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
Rivet Master
1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
If you are lucky, the buckling of the floor is just due to thermal contraction/expansion, and may be the result of a poorly executed installation. If you are handy, removing the flooring and replacing is not a huge deal.

If you are unlucky, the damage is caused by a leak, and you will pull up the flooring to find rotting subfloor. Rotting subloors can be patched--again, you can do it yourself if you have reasonable carpentry skills.

If the rot is so bad/widespread that you have to replace the entire subfloor, then this is a whole other category of difficulty, as the entire interior needs to be removed, the shell lifted, etc.. There are plenty of folks who are not pros who do their own floor replacement, again, it is a matter of how big of a project you are willing to tackle.

good luck!

Belegedhel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:55 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member
2007 27' Safari FB SE
Cambridge , Wisconsin
bad floor

thanks for the info on the floor. i think i'll have to lift the laminate and see whats going on.fingers crossed.
LINDAMART is offline   Reply With Quote