Old 02-01-2014, 07:13 AM   #15
Rivet Master
1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
That looks a lot like the tank pans on the newer trailers. Looks factory to me.

perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:24 AM   #16
On adventure with H&G

2012 30' Flying Cloud
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Lansing , Kansas
Truck and Barry, thanks much for your suggestions. I think I have a concept in mind that will work. I am trying to take the shell off this weekend and once I am able to confirm the frame configuration and take some measurements I should be able to finalize the plan. I will try to do an updated sketch to see if it makes sense.

Truck, are you using the original style plywood bottom for the compartment, or something out of aluminum or galvanized steel?

Thanks again. Super pics!

MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:39 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Saline , Michigan
Matt you have two threads going about basically the same thing. I suspect for a lot of people some of your responses don't make sense as it appears you are posting relies of one thread on another thread . It would be nice and for sure more efficient if you kept every thing together.
goshawks00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:12 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1960 33' Custom
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Matt, I ended up using two pieces of 3/4 plywood (treated with marine epoxy with added aluminum powder to give it some colour, yes I am that crazy) per cavity, joined with some aircraft floor rail extrusion down the centre line. The extrusion is shaped like a very squat I or a very tall narrow H depending on your view. It fits the 3/4 ply really well and is the top of the I is probably about an 1/8". There is also a good deal of pink styrofoam around the tanks for a bit of insulation but mainly to keep it all snug yet not too rigid. At the time I had wanted to use Teklam sheet but it would have cost $1100 per cavity so I economized.
1960 Sovereign 33' Pacific Railroad Custom
truckasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:43 PM   #19
On adventure with H&G

2012 30' Flying Cloud
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Lansing , Kansas
Thanks much Gents! I appreciate the input, and will be ordering tomorrow. Now back the main thread:

MattB is offline   Reply With Quote