Sorry for the long delay. Since my last post, my wife had our first son, and life been a little busy. This winter was long, but now I am in my busy season. But despite frequent encouragement to scrap Monty, we are still moving forward.
Between last fall and now there has been a little bit accomplished but much more to go. Pictures will follow, but here is what has been done.
-frame was soda blasted and painted with two coats of por-15
-installed prodex between frame and new 3/4 floor
-installed new floor (used old for pattern)
-shaved floor perimeter and installed c-rail
-treated all wood with Smith's penetrating epoxy (until it would soak up no more) This product I believe to be the best available and is quite amazing
-used stainless fanged elevator bolts and fasteners
-installed fenders (the factory fenders are really wimpy by the way)
-cleaned, tested holding tanks, and installed new dump valves
-powder coated the the tank covers, installed new poly-iso foam board around tanks and fastened them in.
-installed 2" poly-iso foam board under whole trailer (this was glued and fitted between the members) We used spacers to maintain an air gap between prodex and foam
-ran new warm air line to tank compartment
-replaced some of the under belly aluminum that was rotted
-pressure washed inside/outside of shell
-installed new D-gaskets on all windows (Granger supply has the best deal for bulk)
-installed banana wraps to the belly pan before flipping frame again
-made a new spare tire compartment in the front A-frame (I patterned it from another trailer we have here. The spare tire compartment is all aluminum with 1" poly-iso foam and prodex between floor. Monty had no spare tire compartment before.)
(all of the above was before winter)
-finished spare tire compartment
-flipped completed frame assembly
-LIFTED AND REPLACED THE SHELL!!!
-now we are riveting, finding leaks, fixing dents, and organizing the wiring in prep for insulation.
Like I said earlier, I will post the pics very soon. Ironically I could almost post the old ones again because its looks exactly like the ones we took when it came apart. I know we have a very long way to go before I rule out the "towing the trailer to scrapper" option, but as far as I can tell, Monty is the first 34' to come apart and be replaced again. Kinda cool, but I now know why most start with an 18' project and work their way up. My goal is to go camping with Monty sometime before the sun turns into a lump of coal. Fortunately, I got another trailer to use in the meantime.