Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Eugene , Oregon
26' 76 Overlander oh floor debacle! Oregon climate

Ok folks, all you old school know it all's, give it to me straight! I need your wisdom!
More reading I've done on here, we're reconsidering the bamboo flooring and putting in vinyl planking. Something in the $3-$4 a Sq ft range
We have rain 7-8 months out of the year. We will have an outdoor cover for it next month, but it's dry and in decent shape. Don't want buckling/warping/separating issues on new floor.
Subfloor is in good shape, and this is a DIY
Any tips on good, hearty, can handle wet dogs, wet feet, sturdy, scratch resistance flooring, that won't buckle, warp or be a pain in our butts down the road..? Also a pain in the butt installing.
Give it to me! I'm your humble servant in AS training
Thanks!

Stephie JoClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0624.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	698.8 KB
ID:	281165

P.S. We're not afraid of hard work, by no means, but... with 2 teenage girls, 2 full time jobs, a start up biz, we're looking to get "Granny Jo" that's her name
(It was my granny Jo's from Texas) up and running Mid May-
Background: none at all in AS reno's, my hubby is bad at telling jokes, but I laugh anyway. AND
we've got a few brain cells and are hoping to do most of this ourselves.
P.S.S we will be putting in new counter tops, but we're thinking these may be the one thing we pay for to install professionally?

Electrical/ plumbing check by good friend who owns a Coach biz/ we just can't afford his reno prices[emoji51]
We can handle resurfacing the tub/sink

New foam for original gaucho set up ( I am having new cushions sewn by friend)

But original sink, oven, fridge, cabinets and lights are all intact- (adding LED to original lights)

Lots of scrubbing to walls and ceilings, looks great!
Add a couple comfy twin beds and we are airbnb READY

New AC/heater installed above trailer (that will be a tricky one, I'm assuming..? ) any advice here

ready for this Summer.. someone's gotta pay for all this, lol!
Any feedback above, don't be shy!
Old 03-11-2017, 06:06 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Hilltop Lakes , Texas
Consider the temperature range specified by the manufacturer when you select your flooring. Unlike most homes, our trailers are not climate controlled all the time.

I installed some Allure flooring in a mobile home several years ago, and ignored the statement that it was rated for 90 degrees maximum. Cracks have opened up where I know I laid the sections very close to each other originally. It's only a cosmetic issue, but I should have chosen something that would take the Texas heat. I'm sure cold can affect flooring products as well.
mimiandrews is offline   Reply With Quote